Re: The Weather Channel
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey everyone I think I may have just found a solution to this problem. I contacted VZ Customer Service. And found I can drop FIOS TV and still keep my phone service and Internet. And I was assured there would be no ETF (But I'm not holding my breath) First thing they told me was that without triple Play the remaining two services might cost more. Well with over $70.00 of equipment fees each month plus tax and new TV service I think I'll be way ahead of the game. The new TV service has no equipment fees (Won't mention who, But its easy to find.)

Hey Verizon I tried to stay a loyal customer but this here today gone tomorrow without notification stuff has to end. And the FACT that there has been absolutely no response to over 1000 requests by Verizon. Shows me exactly what you truly think of your customers. And you should take example of the loyalty that we have for TWC. Something Verizon will never have.

Bfremgen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another way Fios shows they are no better than the cable companies they disparage.

SusanneMcGlynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon? Are you reading/LISTENING TO  the thoughts and opinions of your customers??????????????????

resmith1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a fan of The Weather Channel since it started.  I had two cable companies come into my neighborhood at the same time right after TWC started their business.  One had TWC and the other did not.  I chose that company ONLY because it carried The Weather Channel.  So how do you think I will handle Verizon deciding for all of us to just drop TWC and put the useless Accuweather channel on instead.  I don't care for the silly programming that TWC has started producing and I rarely watch any of them.  However when it comes to doing the weather and storms and coverage of everything weather, TWC is the ONLY one that can do it right.  I will be looking to change my TV and internet to someone else.  This ticks me off enough that I think I'll drop my Verizon Wireless accounts as well.  I've been with Verizon Wireless since they were C&P Telephone in the early 90's.  I can't believe they just dropped it instead of negotiating lower costs.  They don't care about their customers one bit.  You should be ashamed Verizon! 

Not applicable

To write a letter to the CEO (the address is from their Corporate HQ)

Lowell McAdam

1 Verizon Way

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

They seem to be holding their ground, but are receiving many phone calls to register complaints.  It's the best we can do for now.

Re: Give us back the weather channel.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MedicJim wrote:

As a weather enthusiast, I like to obtain information from many differnt sources.  That being said, the ONE source that is always weather all the time and has countless proffessionals who have been working as meteorologists and TV personalities for a LONG time, is the Weather Channel.

You do realize that Accuweather has been in business for over 50 years? And were a supplier (don't know to what extent they still are) to lots of TV stations that did local weather for years.

That being said, I do agree that their production value is not on par with TWC yet.

But Accuweather has stated that it is a high priority for them to upgrade their on air performance and be a FULL time weather channel, not one that shows reality shows and weather.

acconite49
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel and Verizon have obviously reached an impasse and it's their customers who have to suffer - not fair.  Let's renegotiate to get TWC back to Verizon's customers!   I am a Baltimore resident and am tuning into local WBAL channel for my weather coverage now.  I sometimes go to the widget, but just not as nice as TWC. 

frustratedpat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so glad to see that others miss The Weather Cahannl, too.  What do you think we can do to get it back?  Accu Weather serves every city in the country, while local weather gets minimal coverage.  Any suggestions on how to get Verizon's ear?

30east65thSt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back the Weather Channel.

Accuweather is NO substitute.

JoeCoolOBX1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I miss the Weather Channel!!!! I really dislike this new AccuWeather channel, so boring.

Verizon you are such a hypocrite when it comes to price increases and throwing together packages that a customer doesn't really need, yet when the Weather Channel does something similar you cancel them?  Soon I will be cancelling you for a better price with another provider, that at least have the Weather Channel since my contract is currently going month to month.  It seems like you need to switch providers every 2 years to get a better price, I've been with you now for over 6 years, the increases every 2 years is getting too much and you keep add so call "value packages" that I don't care about, between my Verizon FIOS & Verizon Wireless bill I spend over $500 per month with Verizon....

I can't wait until Apple TV starts providing local content, then we'll see a big change in the industry.

Stop nickle & diming us!

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!