Re: The Weather Channel
jarthur1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also hate Acuweather.  I want the Weather Channel back.  Who ever decided to do this should be fired. 

I was a Comcast customer for years and decided to try FIOS after moving to Marlton, NJ.  I am not a happy camper.  I don't like the look of FIOS compared to Comcast and I am outraged that both Comcast and Fios can't do something about the NY baseball games being blacked out.  Now to lose the Weather Channel is another slap in the face.

It is outrageous.  This is New Jersey.  New York teams are our teams and should be available to us. 

The amount of money that we pay and have to watch endless commercials and don't get the channels we want is a crime. 

If this is the stuff I have to tolerate for the two years I have signed up for, you can bet I won't be signing with FIOS again.

I guess the people who make these decisions don't think about the elderly, handicapped, and poor people who can't afford or manage to go to ballgames because of their circumstances.  It is cruel to deprive them of this enjoyment.

Give us the Weather Channel back and demand that games not be blacked out of any area anywhere in the country.

Weather Channel
vs14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the Weather Channel!!!!

mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't know what Verizon really wants from The Weather Channel.  TWC said it offered Verizon a contract that was lower than what they were paying when the current contract expired but that Verizon turned them down.  If Verizon is so concerned about costs, it doesn't make sense for them to turn down a contract that was less than they had been paying. Obviously, Verizon cares nothing for its customers and doesn't care if they turn to their competitors.  We still have a year left on our contract but feel we shouldn't be charged if we decide to leave since Verizon broke their contract with us by dropping TWC and Weatherscan with no warning.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been reported that viewership of TWC has dropped 20% over the past few years.

So even if the price is lower, so is viewership.

Accuweather may have given them a very good deal (maybe even close to free) for being a launch provider.

Given the fact they have only been on the air since November, I think they will progress quickly now that they have a major audience.

Would it have been nice to be there on day 1, yes. But you can't spend a lot of money until you have a decent customer base. Its hard to spend a lot of money without a customer base. Always hard to knock the big guy off.

I will given them a month to see if they have made any headway.

And people should give them a chance to see how they handle the first major weather outbreak before assuming they will fail miserably.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
jan6115
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would really like to see The Weather Channel returned as a channel choice to my FIOs cable TV package. TWC was replaced with AccuWeather, which doesn't have the same high quality of weather coverage. For example, TWC has Local on the 8s, which gives current weather and a 7-day forecast every 8 minutes including doplar radar. AccuWether doesn't give local weather regularly and doesn't have an in-depth local weather forecast like TWC. Please return TWC to my FIOs TV cable choices. I really viewed TWC a lot. AccuWeather doesn't have the same features that I came to rely on with TWC. Thank you

Avalon2
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am extremely disappointed Verizon's action to replace TWC. The substitution in NO WAY compares to the quality of TWC. Do I need to switch to Comcast to get the service?
ejh88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to bring back TWC.  Takes forever for Accuweather to get to the local forecast, if it ever does. 

Bad decision whoever made it.

VZDidWhat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spend over $435 a month with VZ. I think it is time to start diversifying.  Too much money going to one company who could care less about its customers desires. I miss the The Weather Channel (watched it almost everyday). Will need to find a provider who is willing to proivde the basics. News (CNN) Weather (TWC) and Sports (ESPN). Apparently that is not VZ Fios!

0 Likes
Paul561
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree. TWC is way better than Accuweather. I can't get localized weather anymore. Verizon stupidly cancelled TWC after the worst winter on the east coast in decades., and gave a bunch of lame excuses why it did so.
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Paul561
Enthusiast - Level 1
Bad move canceling TWC. Accuweather is not a legitimate replacement. It's a smartphone app, not TV programming..