weather channel is missing
unhappy666

very unhappy with fios that they dropped the weather channel

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
marions1

Hear Hear!

I want The Weather Channel back too! I have given Accuweather a chance, and it is just as bad today as it was on March 10th. It does not have updated weather or news, and in my opinion, is a waste of air space.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Golfingkicks
Bring back weather channel!!!
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is not a Verizon supported forum.

It is set up as a peer to peer support forum.

And 1200 out of millions of customers is miniscule.
There are a fair number of mainly silent (I and a few others have posted) that we are ok with TWC being dropped.

TWC has started a FB post about being vocal about wanting it back. An overwhelming number of responses are that people were ok with it going.

Most are not happy with the lack of weather and the reality shows.

Accuweather has stated they are working hard to improve their content and plan to stay only weather.

0 Likes
llgone19

I've been a Fios cystine for years, and I'm very disappointed in your companies actions to remove the Weather Channel. No warning, no notice and we did not have the right to fight for one of my favorite channels!!! This channel gave me and I'm sure so much information on Sandy. If it wasn't for the Weather Channel during this horrendous storm my family wouldn't be alive since we live in Staten Island and lost things, but not my family. The weather channel have been there for every terrible storm and gave helped us get through all of them!! How dare your company take away this great channel, and the great people that put themselves through danger so we would know what we were in for? I pay a lot of money for Fios and I am thinking of leaving your company not just because you got rid of the weather channel you gave us no choice to fight for it. For all the money that I pay you, you work for me and I am very dissatisfied with the rates that go up all the time and then you take away a landmark of television. Same on you!!! Did you watch your new channel? It stinks I personally will not watch it bring back the weather channel! I've read everyone's comments they are not happy either. You make this decision without caring about your customer i for one do not want to be a part of a company that does not think about their customers!!! Keep raising our bills and get rid of the channels we love and see our many you will lose! Watch the weather (whatever it is) and see just how we all feel!!! Bring back the Weather Channels for your good paying customers!!! Disappointed!!! Here's my real name because hm not afraid of my comments and what I pay for. {edited for privacy}customer for 8 years!!!!

0 Likes
Weather channel
sailherlady
Enthusiast - Level 1

HATE, HATE, HATE accuweather, boring and only two cities in Florida?  What a laugh! Plus what is on screen never coordinates with what is scrolling..and widget is a joke, half the time is unavailable.

Thank goodness I don't have a contract, I'm off to investigate another service..maybe something streaming.

Dropping The Weather Channel was not a good decision.
melanie05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it has been several weeks since Verizon suddenly and unexpectly dropped TWC.  I thought I would give it a chance and I did.  I want TWC back !   The excuse from Verizon was that people get their weather from the internet.  That is lame. Why did you put Accuweather on?  They have a website that people can check.  We also get the news, sports, etc from the internet too.  

I am a public servent that has to work during snow events.  I relied on TWC to give me accurate forcasts so I could uderstand the conditons and prepare to work the long hours to ensure the roads were safe for people to drive on.

Furthermore, TWC was more then just weather.  There were educational progaramming such as Secret of the Earth and When Weather Made History.  Dropping TWC was a stupid decison.  Why didn't don't you lower my bill and drop worthless channels like MTV.

I what TWC back. 

Re: Weather channel
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

1200 posts is approx 1000 angry customers.   How many do not know about this forum or do not take the time to post?

So I say there are millions very unhappy customers and that is shown by the tremendous outpouring on this forum.

The few that don't care. is fine.  Just wait till Fios gets rid of a channel you watch and then you will care

0 Likes
MOhmsen
Enthusiast - Level 1

As far as I am concerned they have violated their contract with me.  I contracted to have the weather channel delivered to me.  It is no longer delivered to me.  So my contract is null and void.  They will use some form of disclaimer to say they reserve the right to change channel lineups.  But they have truly violated the contract with me.   Weather Channel is non-negotiable.  This is terrible.  Do consider me a soon to be former customer.

0 Likes
sjh7721
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been followingthis post for a while since they pulled TWC, but haven't yet piped in. I was so upset when Weatherscan was taken away. I didn't really watch TWC except for severe weather, but I did watch Weatherscan every single night and morning. On top of getting the most up to date local forecast while getting ready for work/school, we really enjoyed the music which was really relaxing and soothing. The old familiar sound is now lost Smiley Sad. I'm partial to the actual TWC being pulled because I never really watched any of the reality shows, but if I were to make one recommendation to Verizon if they are to keep Accuweather, is to push them to create something similar to Weatherscan. A 24-hour live local radar and up to date forecast information. The weatherbug app is no good. I'll continue to hope that the dispute can be resolved and I once again can enjoy the smooth sounds and info from Weatherscan.