Re: The Weather Channel
TheBigB1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought Accuweather might be OK but, man, they are terrible.  TWC is totally better.  When the tornados were happening last night we instinctively went to TWC but, alas, we got Accuweather showing hippos at the Delaware zoo.  Great.  And the local weather channel with radar is gone too.  Man it's bad.  Bring back TWC now!

bmday78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very unhappy that the weather channel is no longer available, I can't stand the accu weather. PLEASE BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL, as I do not and will not use accu weather. It is quite BORING TO LOOK AT. This should be a priority for verizon to get it back for there paying customers!

MrLystra
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't like Accu-weather. I'd like TWC back, along with WeatherScan. My term is up soon, gonna have to check into other options that DO carry it. I'm sure they would like my $250+ a month.

happyohana
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the Weather Channel! I gave Accuweather a try - It is useless. I get better forecast and imagery from the National Weather Service Radio. I need the Weather Channel programming and graphics. Accuweather is in no way a substitution for the Weather Channel.

Weather apps are an insufficient & unreliable source for weather data. Apps are inconsistent and not up to date. And the Accuweather App is the worst - the least realiable. Whoever decided that having the weather report made available through an app was going to make The Weather Channel obsolete is seriously mistaken. The Weather Channel completely supercedes apps in accuracy, timeliness, programming, education, entertainment. Having Accuweather dished out to me as a substitution for my reliable, trustworthy, and entertaining weather source is torture.

I watch the Weather Channel for fun - sometimes it is the most suspenseful programming on FIOSTV Sometimes it is soothing. It is always educational and provides good service for public safety. I would never trust Accuweather to warn me when I need to be aware of a tornado situation.

The Weather Channel became the only reason we kept FiosTV around - my family streams all of the shows they watch, so we are not dependent on FIOS technology. My contract is up and I have no reason to renew - I WILL FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO DELIVER ME THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!

0 Likes
weatherchnlfan

To add my two cents in to this.  I live one the East Coast but am from Tornado Alley.  In the spring, I have always stayed tuned to TWC whenever there were severe weather events in my home area.  Well, yesterday a tornado hit my hometown, and, because of Verizon's short-sided and ridiculous decision to cancel TWC, I was unable to get the on-the-ground weather coverage I have come to rely on.  Accuweather is absolutely worthless for this purpose.

Please bring back TWC.  Or I will be taking my business elsewhere in short order.

0 Likes
wildacres1

I totally agree with EVERY post. We went on vacation, came back and The Weather Channel was gone! We loved watching the shows and the weather. When our contract is up we will be moving to another carrier.

0 Likes
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Enough already.. Bring it back and dump other channels. Weather is the ultimate reality TV.
0 Likes
DogWalker1

Will it do any good to provide you with my feedback ... as your customer?  I know how I treat my customers, and it's not like this. 

When the wind blows in the middle of the night, it really upsets me that Verizon took away TWC.  Sure, we can get some weather advice from other sources ... and yes, we can just stand outside to get our weather results.  That would be just as helpful as Verizon's AccuWeather channel.  I work outside, and my clients travel everywhere ... it is important to my work and the service I provide, as well as my own personal safety, that I have access to instant, informative, and ongoing weather information and forecasts.  AccuWeather didn't even mention the tornado and subsequent damage in the mid-west.  Or maybe they did, but how would I know because I have to wait so long to even get my own local information while listening to advertising and looking at a sidebar for Boston when I live in NJ. 

It is beyond my understanding that Verizon would take away this station, whlie other really lousy programming exists in your lineup.  There will be customers who will immediately leave Verizon over this, but don't be surprised that those who don't leave right now, will remember this ridiculous move, and leave later.  A really thoughtless maneuver on the part of Verizon.  And if serious weather does (and it will) show up, and people lose their lives because they didn't have access to information that they grew accustomed to from TWC, I hope you can sleep at night knowing that.

0 Likes
Weather channel
Regbud0503
Please bring back weather channel.. They are the best. Miss storm stories. Sam Champion and others. Accu weather. Leaves a lot to be desired.
0 Likes
Re: Weather channel
Gerritw
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI....I just received a form letter from Verizon yesterday March, 26th 2015...First of all I thing it would have been nice if

Verizon had informed its customers in a timely fashion of the loss of the Weather Channel....

In this letter I am classified as a "Valued Customer"...I really do not think so...If I was, I think Verizon would have contaced its

"Valued Customers" for their opinion on the subject, and I am sure it would have been an overwhelming "Keep the Weather Channel"...,

There is no replacement for Jim Cantore, Sam Chanpion, and all the others who are always out there in all kinds of weather..

AccuWeather is a lousy channel...No local weather at all...

FYI...This is not what I signed up for when I chose Verizon as my provider...Since you are not listening to me, and do not seem to care about your customers, I will be checking out other providers .....