Re: Weather channel
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey, Weather Channel people, if you were not angry about losing TWC before hold onto your socks. According to the Richmond Newspaper (Richmond.com) the average cost for Cable and TV providers to carry TWC is  14 cents per household. 14 cents per household. These Verizon Exec's give themselves millions in bonuses but we are not worth the 14 cents it would take to keep TWC. What a disgrace.

stiffarm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Miss Weather Channel too.  Accuweather isn't nearly as good.  Well it actually stinks.  Not sure why I have to wait to see the local weather (live around NY City in New Jersey).  Yesterday, it took nearly 30 mins for them to play the extended forecast on the crawl for New York City.  Over the past couple of weeks, only saw one NJ town (Parsippany) on the crawl for just one day.  Well, hopefully Verizon will listen to its customers this time and bring it back.  Really miss all of TWC people and some of their shows.  If Verizon doesn't fix this, I will go back to Comcast when contract expires.  Geez Verizon, way to listen to your customers.

The Weather Channel
careyon34
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back The Weather Channel!!!!  Accuweather channel is useless.

Storm came through last night and there was not adequate coverage on Accuweather. 

The Weather Channel provides a service to the public, especially those tornado prone areas.

I'm ready to switch back to Comcast.

Bayrunner
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just received our letter yesterday, too.  It said because everyone has access to weather on their phones, ipads, etc., they were doing away with the Weather Channel.  Really, that's like saying everyone in America has food on the table. There are many, many, folks (I being one) who still uses a flip phone.  While now days just about every American does have a TV, do not think for a minute that everyone has a cell phone, computer, ipad, etc.  Many folks still have a landline phone, like the eldery, the less fortunate, etc......  Verizon must be run by young yuppies who have never had to do without. They are very fortunate but they lack in compassion and caring for the less fortunate.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
jmcottone
Enthusiast - Level 1

The decision to drop The weather Channel was a very poor one.  Not only is the weather more interesting but the channel is educational.  There are so many excellent shows available.  

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Sundive
Enthusiast - Level 1

The weather is the most talked about subject on Earth. We want The Weather Channel not some crappy substitute. What, Verizon, you didn't think we cared about the weather? Come on. Do the right thing for once. Bring back THE Weather Channel.

Re: The Weather Channel
lorhayes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want the weather channel. This is ridiculous....put it back. I get more upset everyday. I have an idea, I'm an english speaking person, so get rid of my spanish channels instead.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel-Verizon Refund
lorhayes
Enthusiast - Level 1

After thinking about it.....Verizon should refund us the money it saved dropping "The Weather Channel". I will be expecting a large amount deducted from my bill. Or maybe we all should deduct its value from our payments.

What value do you place on the Weather Channel?

0 Likes
bring the weather channel back
hawaiifournine
Enthusiast - Level 1

I love watching the Weather Channel but I also need it for its severe weather information.

There are 100s of ridiculous shows on that can easily be cut but why would you cut a popular essential channel. AARGH!!

Re: bring the weather channel back
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, what does The Weather Channel services cost Verizon?  Oh, about 14 cents ($0.14) per subscriber per month.

So, are we valued customers?  We are not worth 14 cents a month!

Verizon, please bring back the Weather Channel.  Your "valued" customers demand it!  I would even support an increase of my bill to cover the cost (14 cents).

Bring back the Weather Channel!

0 Likes