Re: The Weather Channel
vzstock

Ditto, we were watching a show on TWC when it went off the air!!!!  Come on Verizon, get back into negotiations with TWC.  You and I both know customers accessing the weather via an app isn't why they were dropped.  As a stock owner and a customer with 14 months left on my agreement I am disappointed.

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**?!??! Where is the Weather Channel?!??!
djmel
Enthusiast - Level 2

i want the weather channel back my tv

i WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK!!
xenafan

First of all, I can't believe that you (Verizon) gave your customers practically no warning at all!  By the time I received your notice that you were canceling The Weather Channel, it was already off the air!  Then you replace it with AccuWeather....which stinks!   It's just a continuous loop of the same information over and over again.  How freakin'

B-O-R-I-N-G  can you get!  It's veritibly useless as an information outlet regarding weather in your local area or anywhere else.  

Secondly, I switched to Verizon from DirecTV because they, too, in their infinite wisdom, dropped The Weather Channel!!!

I had been a DirecTV customer for over 8 years, but their decision to drop The Weather Channel, made me drop them.  Then, of course, after 3 months, they came to their senses (having lost lots of customers) brought The Weather Channel back, which was too late to regain those lost customers back (including me).

Once again, I am in the position of my current carrier (Verizon) doing the same stupid thing...droppiing The Weather Channel and replacing it with a completely useless and boring alternative...AccuWeather!!  Hopefully, Verizon will come to their senses (or having lost customers because of their greed and NOT CARING ABOUT WHAT THEIR CUSTOMERS ACTUALLY WANT!)..will BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!

0 Likes
brink2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree 100% i would like to see the weather channel back.

sydneycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Enough already its has been three weeks now !!!  When are you bringing back The Weather Channel ?  I signed up a contract for another two years with Verizon to have The Weather Channel and WeatherScan as part of the package channel lineup.  You have misrepresented me and all of your other customers.  Comcast and Charter Communications will be contacted shortly.  Another angry customer !!!  Get your act together and renegotiate with The Weather Channel !!!

William_K
Enthusiast - Level 1
Accuweather is a very poor substitute for the weather channel. It looks like a low cost production. It makes sense. Verizon can keep charging their high rates and replace a decent channel with something that looks like it is being produced in a basement.

Bad call Verizon. Fortunately, I do have other cable choices and now will probably make a switch unless the weather channel is reinstated. The Accuweather channel is a joke.
mgklank1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK ASAP PLEASE. ACCUWEATHER IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

0 Likes
satch16

Accu Weather is crap.  I really can't believe the rationale they have given us.  It's a way to save pennies.  The Weather Channel is a safety tool during severe weather.  I'll change too when I get the chance.  I do have a high speed option in my town.

0 Likes
satch16

I agree, Accu Weather is worthless!  The Weather Channel is the least we should expect from our cable!

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
tinkercat

I feel very slighted by Verizon.  They were sneaky dropping The Weather Channel, one of the channels I watched all the time!  Loved the shows as well.  They didn't even notify us, give us a message on our TV messages.  Just took it away!  I totally agree with what you said as well as all the others.  We just signed up for another 2 year contract and if I would have known about this, I absolutely would have gone elsewhere.  There may even be the possibility of cancelling this contract and I am sure that Comcast or one of the others would pay for the fee if I switched.  I am outraged!  I refuse to watch that lousy Accuweather and the only reason I turn to that channel is to see if the Weather Channel is back on.  

PUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK!  I THINK YOU WILL BE LOSING A LOT OF CUSTOMERS, VERIZON, BECAUSE OF THIS!!  JUST NOT RIGHT THE WAY YOU WENT ABOUT IT!!!  SHAME ON YOU, VERIZON!!!  

And I will go to any outlet to voice my anger about this!  They probably figure that after some time passes, everyone will settle back and just accept what is.  I am really annoyed with you, Verizon, and I am voicing my opinions to you, online and here in this discussion thread.  

0 Likes