Re: The Weather Channel
Maxnel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with the majority of the users' comments.  Accuweather is a poor substitute for a weather channel.  Bring back The Weather Channel and Weatherscan!

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
dberwic

Absolutely agree!!  I also just renew my agreement.  I am keeping up my end of the bargin..........paying my bill on time. They should have to keep the channels that I signed up for!!!

0 Likes
Weather Channel #119 and Local Weather #49
tipnring

I want the Weather Channel on #119 and Local Weather on #49 back in the Western New York area.  What you replaced them with is sub-par.  I want them back, that's what I pay VZ to provide, not to get second rate, cheapskate weather info.  Bring it back Verizon.

0 Likes
JDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CRobGauth wrote:

TWC didn't make the top 30 for the week of 3/15 (last one with NCAA Basketball).

And for 2014, didn't make the top 50: http://p1cdn01.thewrap.com/images/2014/12/AD-SUPPORTED-YTD-1.jpg

Am I saying that Accuweather is equal. No.

But TWC is no where near the top of the ratings chart that people keep thinking.

Of course TWC didn't make the top 30 for the week of 3/15 - not only was NCAA Basketball on, but if you recall correctly, FIOS dropped it on 3/10.  So with millions of viewers unable to watch it, it's no wonder!

And you are comparing apples to oranges.  We don't normally watch TWC for an hour or two at a time.  We checked it for a few minutes every morning to see what the day's and week's weather will be.  Occasionally we'll check it in the evening to see what the next day has.  About the only time it's on for any length of time is when there is severe weather in the area.  Occasionally we'll watch one of the reality shows, but not very often.

OTOH, the shows on USA and the other channels are not less than 30 minutes, and can run up to two hours.  When we see a show of interest on those channels, we'll watch for the entire show.

These ratings indicate the number of people-hours watched.  It's like comparing a burger joint to a fine restaurant, counting the number of tables in use.  Sure, the fine restaurant will usually have more tables full, because people will sit there for an hour to an hour and a half. But the burger joint will have more customers, even though they're only there for 10-15 minutes.

0 Likes
Bayrunner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I came home to find a 3rd Verizon phone book at my door. Stating that you cancelled TWC because it was too expensive, why don't you cut back on the distribution of phone books and get the weather channel back. You could put a notice in your monthly bill asking customers if they want a book or not and go from there. You would save a lot of money and save a lot of trees in the process.

tjcdmc
Enthusiast - Level 1

PUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK ON!!!!!. Accuweather suck,s and the weather bug needs to be stepped on.  There used to be 4 different channels where you could get local and national weather.

For what I pay you I would expect better quality.

You keep making Bright House look better and better.

Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

This keeps getting more ridulous everyday and with every statement VZ puts out. Lets see if I got this straight, VZ and 3 addition providers acted as a group to draft a new agreement with the weather channel. Three out of the four have signed and accepted that agreement VZ who boldly boasts we are the best, failed to sign. Failed to sign an agreement that they themselves helped put together. The richest and most expensive service in the industry can't/or won't spend 14 cents to keep their customers happy. Verizon this is doing wonders for your image which wasn't exactly great in the first place. Good Job I'm selling my VZ shares asap. And Tax day is my cutoff date, no TWC by then, no more $300.00 a month from me. You burned me once, and I'm letting you do it again SHAME ON ME

rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

AS of 8 am tomorrow I will be an optimum subscriber> I like fios's picture much better and thier internet speed and the movie Bundle they enticed me to renew with, BUT The weather channel was one of my favorite channels, and nessecary channel. # weeks is enough! SO ill get optimums wifil and free security package and free dvr for a year and pay about the same.. QUality wise its a drop but they give me no choice. GREED!!!! ADIOS Fios! I wont come back again!

0 Likes
ArtHauleIII

Tornado time in TX and you have removed the channel with the good local radar. Makes no sense to me. Just had to guess where the hail storm was moving near Flower Mound, TX. Bring back the Weather Channel. I really dislike the current fluff

0 Likes
rdp9

I'm surprised AccuWeather channel is so bad, and widget is useless.  Please bring back Weather Channel  Waiting for contract to end, will be forced to go back to Optimum/Cablevision

0 Likes