Re: The Weather Channel
roger210
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm giving FIOS until June to realize theyve made a mistake, that will also drop my cancellation fess under $100, and then I'm gone if the Weather Channel isnt back.  So glad I dont have a verizon cell phone to change out.  I used to recommend FIOS all the time my friends and family, I guess now it will be Comcast and AT&T.

0 Likes
blondie6624
Please bring The Weather Channel back. My family relies on seeing the radar and the weekly forecast. When I renewed my contract in Mid-February 2015, no one told me they were renegotiating with The Weather Channel or this would have made my decision to go to another major provider. Now I am STUCK...as a longtime subscriber we deserve better. We live in the region that has all four seasons. Accuweather either needs to get the station with the radar and local forecast or Verizon FIOS needs to get a deal with The Weather Channel or let me free from my new contract.
0 Likes
canine-lucy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a travesty. Accuweather is a complete waste. It is national not local and does nothing in an emergency. The so-called weather app is a complete waste and is not close in features to to the mobile version. It is the height of arrogance to dump the Weather Channel in the beginning of severe weather season when it is not only uselful, but critical and essential.

rosieogrady
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wrote to my US representative & Senators & FCC.  Giving Verizon a few more weeks before I cancel.  Miss The Weather Channel's reporting, technogoly & insights.  Enjoy their other programs, too, when no serious weather is threatening.  Please say something Verizon - when are you bringing it back?  TWC website has put forth their side of the story - why haven't you?

mongo31

I dropped Verizon after 9 years. I got 5 (count 'em, 5) phone calls when I cancelled asking why I left. When I said loss of TWC, and the increase in prices, and the dropping of other channels, and a culture of non-service they really didn't get it.

0 Likes
nickersnpurrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello....if you are a Verizon shareholder.....please please please tell them ti bring back our Weather Channel...please!

0 Likes
Weather Channel
chviewer

Bring back the Weather Channel!  Accuweather just doesn't cut it.  Solve whatever dispute you have and give customers what they signed up for!

0 Likes
Agree Re: Weather Channel
facets58

Verizon we are extremely unhappy with the choice to remove Weather Channel.  I do not recall being asked if I would want the change so let me place my vote now.  I would like the Weather Channel BACK!!!

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
NJ14

The Weather Channel wasn't just about local weather it's Weather throughout the states and aboard. If it were just local I wouldn't care.  However, I have family and friends all throughout the country and want to keep up with the weather in their area especially during times of dangerous spring storms and hurricane season. They are extremely good explaining what is happening in areas and when they have people on site it really helps give you a clearer picture. Further I enjoy all the special programming they do in the evening.   You just didn't take away weather information you took away valuable information.  ACCU Weather is worthless.  For the 200+ I pay each month for your service, I really think I can do better.  Oh and it would have been nice to been told ahead of time.  I turn on thinking I was going to see the Weather Channel and had ACCU.  Then today a full month after the fact, I get a letter telling me that it was no longer available.  Maybe another reason I need to look elsewhere.  Give me back the Weather Channel or seriously looking at another carrier. 

0 Likes
Jmasc
The Weather Channel seems like one of those channels that is a gimme to be part of any package and a staple of cable television. I disagree that people chose the Internet over tv for weather. Yes the apps are convenient but in my opinion the broadcasts are much needed. Bring the weather channel back.
0 Likes