Re: The Weather Channel
EFFeX
Enthusiast - Level 3
Tornados across the country today and no news network covering it. This is outrageous. How are we supposed to get information on these storms?
1RAK
Enthusiast - Level 2

All these posts and letters, and yet Verizon doesn't listen. It is now time for Verizon's management team to be removed. The shareholders will speak.

Jimmy827
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't agree more!  There is currently very severe weather occuring in the Mid-West and I am suffering through 5 talking heads talking about how nice it is in the northeast. 

Settle your differences and bring back the weather channel. Accuweather is really lame. 

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SydMom wrote:

This forum seems more like a venting for individuals than anything Verizon would pay attention to. 

Ding!

These forums are for customers to help each other.  The Verizon moderators are putting all TWC related posts in this thread in order to keep the forums usable for other discussions.  Beyond that, don't count on anything posted here to have any impact on Verizon.

If you want to make a statement about TWC that Verizon will hear, cancel your service.  Everything else is just a waste of time.

Good Luck.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@1RAK wrote:

All these posts and letters, and yet Verizon doesn't listen. It is now time for Verizon's management team to be removed. The shareholders will speak.

The shareholders have spoken.  That's why TWC is gone and large swaths of FiOS are being sold to Frontier.  The money is in wireless.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
winniethepooh3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL RE-NEWED!!!!!!!!!  Every month my Verizon bill goes up and yet we have lost  at least six channels, without notice.  They seem to have a total disregard for their customers.  I have the basic cable pkg, basic phone and internet, nothing fancy and my bill is almost $200.00 per month.  This has gotten so out of hand.  If the weather channel is not re-newed shortly I will definitely be changing providers and saving some money to boot.  Maybe if enough people change providers they will finally start taking the customer's into consideration.  

Re: The Weather Channel and AccuWeather
plumbago
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today there was major tornado activity and large hail in the midwest and AccuWeather did not report on it, even as it was happening. Instead AccuWeather was mainly reporting on New York and Washington DC weather. Most of the weather reporting on AccuWeather is about the northeast US...what about the rest of us! CNN had breaking weather news today about the tornado to the point of telling people in the path of the tornado to find a safe place. CNN was actually tracking the storm and breaking in between news items. When I flipped back to AccuWeather to see what they were reporting...they were still talking about New York and DC and their forecast for tomorrow. The Weather Channel NEEDS to be brought back. AccuWeather is just plain silly (have any of you Verizon folks ever actually watched the AccuWeather channel???). TWC tracks storms down to street level and reports moment to moment during dangerous storms. They can see the debris field that a tornado is producing and pin point the exact spot where the storm is hitting. Not everyone wants to find the weather on their phone or online. (We still have flip phones...I know, I know, but I'm not getting a smart phone just because Verizon dropped TWC) We just want to turn the TV on to THE WEATHER CHANNEL and see if we are on the path of the storm. Many from the older generation 60+ do not use a smart phone or a computer to get the weather, they want to turn on TWC. It will be interesting to see what happens when the southern states get hit by the next Hurricane and people turn to AccuWeather for detailed hurricane information to find that AccuWeather is reporting on the "mild weather day in New York". We need SERIOUS weather reporting for these big storms, otherwise there is much more risk of people getting injured or worse. It has NOT been easy to get our AccuWeather/Weather Channel concerns directed to anyone at Verizon. To sign up for this message board was not especially easy, and customer service via phone only suggest using your smart phone, computer, or use the weather bug widget to get weather if AccuWeather is not good enough. Those tools do not compare to TWC. I don't know if this note will get to anyone that will take these concerns seriously. It seems that folks have given up or haven't been able to complain about the removal of TWC. But the way I see it, Verizon has not made it easy to communicate with these customer concerns.

0 Likes
19A4S6NB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am shocked you have dropped The Weather Channel! I also live in an area with many tornados and have family in areas that do also.  I will be changing my service after 10 years plus of being with Verizon. Accuweather is a joke.  Bad move on Verizon's part.......... 

birdybog

I turned on Accuweather thinking there is no way it's as bad as the posts that I read are saying...  IT IS AS BAD AS THEY SAY.  What an absolute waste of time.  I don't care that it is currently 69 degrees in Boston, MA or that "It is a beautiful day in Boston".  What I want to know is where is Jim Cantore and what tornado is he chasing?  Bring back the REAL Weather Channel and get this bush league stuff off the air. 

0 Likes
birdybog

OMG - Did they really just report on a tornado in GERMANY?  Who cares!!!!

0 Likes