Re: The Weather Channel
drifter_tex

Don't care about the weather channel one way or the other, but with or without them we need an accurate, local full screen weather radar, just for the safety of the community.  If you can't get along with Weather .com why not try one of the local TV stations, or NOAA weather, anything that will let us see which way these storms are coming from and how fast.

0 Likes
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
First tropical storm of the season, and this channel is not covering a **bleep** thing about it. Get the weather channel back now.....
0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@birdybog wrote:

OMG - Did they really just report on a tornado in GERMANY?  Who cares!!!!

Germans?

Seriously, you're complaining about a weather report on a weather channel.  Did you complain about "American Super Natural," "Highway Thru Hell," or "Fat Guys in the Woods?"  TWC has't been reporting the actual weather for a long time.  I, for one, do not miss it's steady diet of third rate reality TV shows.  I haven't noticed it's gone except for the posts here.  I can get all the real time weather info I want on my computer or mobile device.

That said, if you really feel strongly about Verizon dropping TWC, the best message you can send Verizon is to cancel your service and tell them why.  Complaints here or on other social media sites will likely have zero impact on Verizon's decision to drop TWC.  Money talks.

Enjoy.

uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

On Saturday May 8th I wil be going back to Time Warner Cable of NYC.  I should have never switched to Verizon Fios. They do not listen to their customers. Everyone should go back to their previous providers. I will have the Weather Channel which is more important than AXS which I will be losing because TWC does not carry this channel. I will not go back to Verizon Fios no matter how good a deal they give me.

db1960
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm on a business trip and enjoying TWC at the hotel. Seriously considering switching to Comcast when I get home.
0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel - bring it back, accuweather TV is useless
VeryGrumpy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring back the Weather Channel.  Accuweather TV sucks. 

I need seven day forecasts, national weather outlook.  Accuweather is rambling, unpredictable and useless. 

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel - bring it back, accuweather TV is useless
uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
lena109
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am another customer who is very unhappy about not having the weather channel and I will switch my bundle to the other cable company in my area as soon as I can.  I resent the fact that Verizon can drop a channel that was available when I subscribed but I cannot automatically drop you without paying a penalty. After looking at some of the comments, it looks like this is being phased in at different times in different areas which means Verizon knew it was dropping the Weather Channel in all its markets.  That is deceptive because the Weather Channel was on the channel selection when I signed up for Verizon. I don't like or watch Accuweather.  I am a very unhappy customer.

bigdrop1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have formally complained twice in writing and also in telephone calls.  Nothing seems to have happened.  Now, with a tropical storm making landfall on the Carolina coast and severe storms in the southwest and midwest ("37 million with severe weather") I have the option of a weather widget on channel 49 which works less than half of the time and gives only basic local information or Accuweather which, as mentioned by another, really does look and sound like it was filmed in somebody's garage or rec room.

It is a responsibility that Verizon provide national weather information when there are severe, perhaps life threatening issues.  It is not just about our hometowns-it is also about other areas of the U. S. where we may have friends and/or family and have a basic concern for what they are experiencing.

I like Verizon.  I also own its stock because of the dividend.  Between our cell phones and our bundle we are paying over $5,000 a year.  However, when I become scared for what might be coming our way a day or two out or what is happening to a friend or relative elsewhere and do not have the TWC available to me, then I am forced to return to Comcast where I spent 25 years.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel Verizon Has Hit A New Low.
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has gone well beyond that we want The Weather Channel Back. Verizon has hit a new low (As if they can go any lower) Now they are restricting our right to free speech by blocking anyone that comments on TWC at their Facebook page. Hey Verizon this is America and the right to free speech is guaranteed by the Constitution. I'm a paying customer and I'm blocked from posting on The FIOS Facebook page. You have truly sunk to a new low, if you don't want to listen to the complaints then bring back TWC Simple. I don't know what TWC did that has you so angry, but, get over it and work it out. Enough is Enough.

0 Likes