Re: The Weather Channel
david23662
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hurricane Matthew confirmed just how useless AccuWeather channel is compared to The Weather Channel.   Without timely information from areas being affected and accurate and timely forecasts people (customers/viewers) were kept in the dark and therefore put in harms way.  We need the Weather Channel back, Accuweather is USELESS!

JoeCoolOBX1
Enthusiast - Level 2
David23662, I could not agree with you more! AccuWeather definitely is not anywhere near as good as the Weather Channel. I wish they would stream their content like HBO, then we get it via Apple TV and the likes... if every content provider does that, we can all eventually drop the cable TV portion of our service!
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Has anyone ever approaced TWC about sending individual subscriptions to TWC?  Instead of juimping on the networks, maybe it's tome to start a campaign with TWC

@JoeCoolOBX wrote:
David23662, I could not agree with you more! AccuWeather definitely is not anywhere near as good as the Weather Channel. I wish they would stream their content like HBO, then we get it via Apple TV and the likes... if every content provider does that, we can all eventually drop the cable TV portion of our service!
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

TWC has lost millions of subscribers over the last few years.

More so than just FiOS. More and more people are getting weather info via the internet than cable.

0 Likes
mikeyups
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was saying the same thing. It's times like Matthew you need the Weather channel . The thing I can not believe is this is the hottest topic in the forums about the Weather Channel and Verizon is blind to what it's customers want. I am a weather junkie. Accuweather can be seen on my local newscast. The accuweather channel literally sucks. When my contract is up with Verizon, the Weather Channel is a game changer. Bring it back ! 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How much do you watch it outside of special events like Matthew? Isn't it mainly non weather shows in the evenings? Subscriber numbers for twc are falling by more than just Verizon dropping them.

I (and others have said as well) never watched twc before it was dropped. I hit the internet or phone apps if I needed it.

That is why Verizon dropped them. Their number showed declining viewer ship and decided it was no longer worth the cost.

0 Likes
unclemike2
Enthusiast - Level 1

As you may know Time Warner Cable was sold to Charter. Because I am an existing Time Warner customer switching to Charter costs more than being a new customer.

If Fios would get the Weather channel back I would switch back immeadiately. In the previous mail the person said that the Weather Channel was dropped because their ratings decreased. The weather channel was dropped because they had Accuweather in their pocket. Verizon is financing them, If this was not the case they would have kept the Weather Channel.  Put the Weather Channel up against Accuweather and see who gets thre most viewers.

Bring back The Weather Channel Please!
Starlight11

Verizon removed the Weather Channel and replaced it with Accuweather quite some time ago.  Accuweather completely sucks and quality of this channel is abysmal in comparison to TWC.  You can't even get any updates on major weather events...aka the major storm that is hitting the northeast right now.  It's a joke and frankly, I am surprised that it still exists.

Please bring back TWC!

0 Likes
Re: Bring back The Weather Channel Please!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not likely to be happening.  There is a huge thread on it.

0 Likes
Re: Bring back The Weather Channel Please!
CowNJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

A classic example of how worthless the AccuWeather Channel is.  Tonight I spoke with my sister in Kansas City about the severe weather and tornadoes in her area.  The storm had passed, Weather.com showed the front already well East of the city, yet AccuWeather is giving storm advisories for points in the KC metropolitan area.  The TV report was at least 20-30 minutes behind the actual weather.  That is worthless!

Stop the insanity - bring back the Weather Channel.

0 Likes