Re: The Weather Channel
Trudy11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I HATE ACCUWEATHER.  While the Weather Channel actually provides CURRENT information by areas on EMERGENCY WEATHER SITUATIONS, Accuweather simply la, la, la, la, la goes on its merry way with its European weather reports or its little stick figure weather symbols repeating the same info over and over to ad nauseum.  Its a web weather service that can't provide good television coverage.  I hate you VERIZON for stealing this from us.  I really do and if i find a better deal I will change providers.

Feisty68
Enthusiast - Level 1

BRING BACK TWC!!!! No offense, but AccuWeather is WEAK. TWC is actually worth watching for its deep weather analysis. AccuW just gives you the 1-2-3. It's AccuWeather that forces people to check other sources for weather, NOT TWC. I watch TWC at my work on Optimum. It's pathetic that when I go home I can't see something as simple as TWC and instead get fed an inferior channel. And I can name 150 other channels to dump in favor of TWC. Please, FioS, get your priorities straight!! 

The Weather Channel
Danielson11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any chance of The Weather Channel being included in the basic FIOS TV channels? AccuWeather is not very helpful. There is too long a wait before the weather for my local area is shown. And it is too brief. It is not very helpful.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
rolou21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Accuwx is awful. TWC has excellent coverage during severe wx. Do not think Fios will ever bring back TWC. Sad...Smiley Sad

Weather channel ever coming back?
Raven_88
Enthusiast - Level 2

We came back to Verizon after being with someone else for a while.  I see that the Weather Channel is gone which I'm not all that happy about and is why we had left Verizon FIOS for a while.  The representative we had spoke with had hinted that The Weather channel may be coming back.   Does anyone know for sure?  To be honest, I'm not all that thrilled with this new weather channel Verizon carries.  I miss the other programing that the Weather Channel has on it.  I do use the Widget to get the weather on my TV but I'd really prefer The Weather Channel.

0 Likes
Re: Weather channel ever coming back?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Highly doubt it.

it was dropped due to high cost.

Re: Weather channel ever coming back?
Raven_88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the information CRobGauth.  I don't even like the replacement they have for The Weather Channel.  I hate having to sit through the entire scroll of the cities to get where I live.  I've pretty much have blocked the channel since I find it useless.   What a bore. 

0 Likes
Raven_88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, I can think of a number of channels to dump that I pay for that I don't watch or want to get The Weather Channel back.   I've removed "AccuWeather" from my favorites line up since it's such a bore to watch and takes forever to scroll through all the cities they list.  I really don't care about what's going on in Gaithersburg and I'm sure they don't give a darn what's going on in the Norfolk area up there.   I hop on my computer to watch The Weather Channel to see what's up and I do miss the programming on that channel. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You just show a big part of the reason Verizon said they dropped TWC.

You hop on your computer to get the weather. They said they felt not enough eyes on teh channel to warrant the cost.

As for cities, yes your particular city may not come up (haven't timed to see how it relates to TWC doing local every 10 minutes on the 8s) but I find that you can find a close by city that can give enough relevant info in a timely manner.

0 Likes
unclemike11

If Verizon cannot come to an agreement with the Weather Channel the  should look at Weathernation. At least they broadcast live not taped like Accuweather. The pobably would be cheaper.

0 Likes