Re: The Weather Channel
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparantly no one reads the previous posts. No one from Verizon Fios reads these posts. This is a peer to peer community. Go to the Fios Facebook page to tell them you want the Weather Channel back.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
marie110
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does Verizon continue to ignore complaints from thousands of  customers and refuse to return The Weather Channel to its list of channel offerings?? The Accuweather channel is useless...totally inept.  It's coverage is bad in normal weather forecasting....and abominal in catastrophic weather reporting.  Please....bring back our favorite weather channel!! 

SherryG2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree! I was watching Accuweather two nights ago and the forecaster's English skills were appalling. This "kid" could not speak a fluent sentence. He was unable to speak one clear sentence that did not have a mistake or mispronuncation in it. I ended up watching the Puerto Rican channel for Irma updates in SPANISH! I cannot even watch the Weather Channel online anymore because they request my provider. I WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK!!! If I could get Comcast where I live I would switch providers. Unfortunately, I only have a Cox option. It is extremely frustrating when major weather events are happening.

Weather Channel
rpickoff
Enthusiast - Level 1

When are we getting the Weather Channel?  This is ridiculous.

Enthusiast - Level 1

I do miss The Weather Channel. It's a  far superior weather service over Accuweather and there lame adds.  I'm frustrated that I don't have a say in the lineup other than moving my service. They've removed The Weather Channel and also stopped providing email service which caused me a huge problem shifting emails at countless services throughout the web. And all while these deletions of service  were occurring my bill when up., considerably.  And please stop adding channels to my favorites. Pushing them on me won't make me watch them. It only pushes me closer to leaving the service. 

Please bring back The Weather Channel. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a rather lengthy thread that explains Verizons business decisions.

I woould ask, how much do you watch weather channel outside of severe weather events that happen a few times a year?

0 Likes
AccuWeather Channel is a Joke
TVAddict
Enthusiast - Level 2

The coverage for Hurricane Irma reinforces just how much of a joke the Accuweather Channel is compared to The Weather Channel.  Note to Verizon Fios management: BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!

Thank goodness for Amazon and its FireStick and Fire TV. At least I can stream The Weather Channel on this device.

0 Likes
TVAddict
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more. Give some business to Amazon - buy the FireStick for $35.00 and stream live The Weather Channel. Keep posting to the forums.

0 Likes
TVAddict
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any other suggestions if I don't have a Facebook account?

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
DonIL

Thank you Verizon for dropping The Weather Channel in favor of Accuweather.  I may as well watch Sesame Street to get updates on Hurricane Irma.  The Accuweather coverage of this life threatening event "SUCKS".  With friends and family in the path of this major storm I can better coverage by just looking out my window.  What a sad, sad corporate decision this was.  There may as well be no coverage at all.  Accuweather has treated this as if it were just another everyday storm.  BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

0 Likes