weather channel
hurricankaren
Enthusiast - Level 1

any update on obtaining the weather channel???  that other weather station you provide is very limited and not worth watching.....I get the same weather reports on local news........

Re: weather channel
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update is that they have no plan to restore the weather channel.  They feel the cost is too high.  In this a bunch of other ISPs agree.  Almost all complained and threatened or did drop as well.  Most of the major ISPs later decided to carry it.

As you mentioned in most areas the locals carry good weather information durin a major storm and many people use the internet when they want weather info.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
ILUVTWC
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon bring back "The Weather Channel"?????   Accuweather is watching paint dry, watching my dog go to the bathroom, watching a drunk puke in the street.   Seriously, I can't and won't watch it I WANT "THE WEATHER CHANNEL" BACK!!!!   I know that TWC is owned by Comcast.  But, so what!  You don't their rate?  Well, guess what Verizon, I could easily list dozens of channels you force on me that you could dump to pay for the TWC.  For example, ANY religious channel, ANY Spanish channel, and there's more.  For now, you are safe only because my only alternative (beside satellite tv) is my local Comcast provider which is SOOOOO bad, that I will never go back to them.  But, if they improve....?   What I really, really want is CHOICE!!!  I want a la carte selection!!!

ILUVTWC
Enthusiast - Level 1

You must be one of those Verizon execs who got overpaid with money not spent on providing TWC.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
suellen387

PLEASE GIVE US BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!! Accuweater is useless. Then if we turn to the cable "news" all we hear is the political **bleep**!   Please! We have family and friends in the areas affected by these weather disasters!!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty much no Verizon people are on this Forum, certainly not on this thread.

It is a waste of time continuing to post on this thread.  Verizon isn't looking at it.

grantini
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a fan of the Weather Channel since it's inception.  Fortunately I have COMCAST at my office so I can watch it at work.  When something is going on it is the best source of info.  Accuweather is a non issue, it's useless and CNN's has the most juvenile and idiotic reporters in the universe.

I pay Verizon every month.... give me back my Weather Channel!

Re: The Weather Channel
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can only stream the Weather Channel on the app is your cable provider carries the Weather Channel.

0 Likes
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you want Verizon Fios to know that you want THE WEATHER CHANNEL back, call the customer service number. A very cordial woman told me that Verizon is negotiating with THE WEATHER CHANNEL.  The more customers  that call the better chance of getting the channel back.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@uncle1mike wrote:

If you want Verizon Fios to know that you want THE WEATHER CHANNEL back, call the customer service number. A very cordial woman told me that Verizon is negotiating with THE WEATHER CHANNEL.  The more customers  that call the better chance of getting the channel back.

People have been told that for quite a while.

Verizon has always stated they do not comment on the status of negotiating for content.

So I wouldn't hold your breath based on her comment.

But it can't hurt to call and state your request.

0 Likes