Accuweather vs. the weather channel
GEB2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please add the weather channel to Verizon Fios TV lineup.  I do not like Accuweather!

Re: Accuweather vs. the weather channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a rather lengthy thread about weahter channel.

Been gone for several years.

Highly doubtful it will return.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Mihai1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please add the Wethar Channel back to the FIOS lineup. 

Thank you! Yet another vote for the Weather Channel. What will it take!? Perhaps your customers leaving you for services like SlingTV or the upcoming Hulu TV. 

P.S. Just noticed the Weather Channel is one of the TOP TAGS on your portal! Ouuuuuch!

Weather channel
Janet027
Enthusiast - Level 1

I️ am disgusted with the Accuweather channel on FIOS. Every time I️ click on, I️ have to wait for I️t to get to a town anywhere near me.  Today, there were advertisements on instead of people talking about the impending snowstorm to hit my area! When are you going to get the Weather Channel back?!

Re: Bring back The Weather Channel Please!
stevekrein1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the same thing this past week with Winter Storm Toby.  I wonder if the people who compose these emails realize that winter storm namimg is exclusively a Weather Channel thing, and since we don't get TWC, we have no idea to what they are referring.  Oh, the irony!

Dan_Miller1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't see it as irony. More like a slap in the face. Like they are laughing because, hey what are you gonna do about it? A member on this thread keeps trying to justify the move to AccuWeather, saying it was about rating, which is totally bogus. A little Google research will explain the story. Then it becomes about the cost. Nope,  not that either. And no one can say it is about the quality of information a viewer receives. I don't think that even the AccuWeather people would argue that point. 

I understand business. I understand that sometimes unpleasant decisions are made. What I resent is being misled. We are the customer. This is by far the biggest thread about programming on the VZ forums. Overall TWC has higher ratings than many, many channels carried. TWC even offered special pricing to VZ. All of this is public information. But we keep being told in this thread by one member that it isn't going to change, it was about ratings, etc. I can't imagine a reason why a single member would be so adamant about it. I'm sure some conspiracy buffs might be able to come up with something, but this isn't worthy of a conspiracy  right? On the other hand, speaking for myself, I pay well over $100 a month. Probably a bit higher than average, but I'll bet not by much. I think that collectively, we should have a little say in this. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you are refering to me.

I keep bringing it up because that is what Verizon told us.

Just like other channels they have dropped.

They felt the content was no longer cost effective.

Given the fact that cable providers pay for everyone that has access to a channel whether they watch or not adds up.  And Verizon knows how many people are watching each and every channel. The fact that TWC has chosen to name winter storms, yet no other weather service has chosen to go along means something IMHO. They aren't the juggernaut they used to be. Plus accuweather has been providing weather forecasts for much longer than TWC has been in business. Its possible your local weather is provided by accuweather.

I know a lot of people turn to TWC when there are sever events. But how many people watch TWC on a daily basis? Vs home many people that are subscribers to FIOS. TWC was part of every package.

BTW, there was a news announcment that Byron Allen bought TWC.

Will be intersting to see if he packages TWC with his 7 other channels that FIOS carries. And if he does for FIOS and other providers, how many may not be willing to take 7 channels just to keep TWC. Time will tell.

0 Likes
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could not wait for The Weather Channel to return to Fios. I switched back to Spectrum.  Spectrum is also cheaper for the same channels for 3 years.

ajbirdman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I AGREE WITH OTHERS WHO HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT LOOSING THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND THE SUBSTITION OF ACUWEATHER IN IT'S PLACE !! I TO WOULD LIKE THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK !!! {edited for privacy} 3/27/18

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sure I have posted my frustration at some point further back in this thread but in case I didn't. 

I too wish to join with the others whom dislike AccuWeather. The weather channel is a far superior product in every way.

Those of us posting here represent only a small percentage of the volume of customers that are of like minds on this topic.

Please return the weather channel so we many stay on top of the weather headed our way and or the weather on top of those we care about.

Perhaps we should all start writing to Verizon's sponsors voicing our displeasure of AccuWeather, Verizon's unwilling stance of not listening to it's customer base of our desire for them to return the weather channel. That may be the only way to get our point to those that matter at Verizon, no one from Verizon on these forums seems to care at all..

0 Likes