Re: Bring back The Weather Channel Please!
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

@CRobGauthwrote:

TWC has chosen to name winter storms, yet no other weather service has chosen to go along means something IMHO.

I know a lot of people turn to TWC when there are sever events. But how many people watch the TWC on a daily basis.

BTW, there was a news announcment that Byron Allen bought TWC.

NBC Universal owns the weather channel or so that's how's a simple Google search turns up.

I watched The Weather Channel on a daily basis, sometimes much of the day and I enjoyed many of the filter shows played during laps in weather events or breaking news and so do a lot of people I know.

Most of the NBC affiliate stations I have seen in different parts of the country also use the winter storm names the weather channel applies to larger storms. Even tho arguable I personally see nothing wing with it, at least one knows which weather storm is being addressed!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
tn11
Enthusiast - Level 1

We would like to see The Weather Channel return to the Fios program schedule.  It is a much better program than Accuweather.  We used to watch The Weather Channel frequently.  Its storm coverage was excellent and it had other interesting topics to view when there weren't any storms around.  Although we like the Fios service, we are considering changing to Xfinity (assuming they have The Weather Channel in their program schedule)

Weather channel I am disgusted with AccuWeather.
Janet027
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disgusted with AccuWeather. The last three times I tried to check it, it was out and not available. Today, it was all pixels and I could not see or,hear it! Please bring back the Weather Channel!!!

Weather Channel new ownership
BillW3
Contributor - Level 1

Now that the Weather Channel has a new owner, Entertainment Studios, and VZ appears to carry the rest of Entertainment Studios channels, any chance that it's coming back?  Accu-Weather channel is useless during severe weather.

Need Weather channel back!
scooby8
Enthusiast - Level 2

We need the Weather Cannel back! The AcuWeather channel is JUNK! My sister from Pennsylvania calls me to tell me of our flooding in Ellicott City before I knew about it. She swa on the Weather channel. I go to Acuweather and they taling Virgina stuff and so on. Noting on bad floods!!!! Get Weather Channel back!! We pay so much for this service you think we would have top working channels isntead of free to you the Acuweather junk. Does say anything and not talk about our area ecept for side screen for a second showing same every week. Duh! 

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
furniture1

Bring back the weather channel. The Accuweather replacement is really awful. Cablevision offers the weather channel on all packages!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a quite lengthy thread under programming.

It has been over 3 years.

Highly unlikely that it will come back.

0 Likes
Thundermom

I would NEVER have gone with FiOS if I had realized they don't carry The Weather Channel!

0 Likes
Dan_Miller1
Enthusiast - Level 3

THIS is the lengthy thread. One of the biggest in all of the forums. Someone need to walk into the VP of programming's office and show them. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you don't see in this thread are the people that don't miss it and don't want to pay a penny more to have it back.

You can count me in that category.

0 Likes