Re: The Weather Channel
Rolks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like to add my voice to the voluminous number of posts above.  Please bring back The Weather Channel.

I've read a few of the posts above, and I get that FiOS dropped the channel due to subscriber fee disputes, but it's been almost four years.  Can you at least try to negotiate with them again?  This AccuWeather report is boring and dull.  And "Apps" or "internet sites" can't give me continuing coverage of the hurricane.  I have loved ones in SC and NC, so I'd like to be able to follow the storms progress.

cjcindc

I Want The Weather Channel!  AccuWeather sucks!

0 Likes
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

Leave FiOS and go to another company. FiOS does not care and does not read these forums.

0 Likes
MilyHen

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!  PLEASE!!! Even if it’s only seasonal, like hurricane season. We need it. Accuweather isn’t cutting it!!! 

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
Rufus68

I have not been able to understand WHY in the world Verizon would ever replace The Weather Channel with Accuweather.  That program is absolutely horrible.  Worst decision ever made!!!  By far The Weather Channel gives the best information for citizens to be prepared during weather events.  They are out in the field making reports that is vital to the safety of everyone.  Boo Verizon.  That move was about as good as your customer service department after calling 6 times to rectify a problem from March in a timely fashion.  Only to be told that it is some sort of computer clinch that mysteriously cancels the request at the end.  Must be a conspiracy theory ploy to get more money out of you when you wish to cancel movie channels.   SMH  TIME TO SWITCH PROVIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
JerseyBooch1

Accuweather is sooooooo boring.   Showing the radar for a 1/2 hour now while every other channel has a reporter on site near Hurricane Florence.     I was at my friends house last night watching the Weather Channel !    Soooooooooo much better !  

They are pro’s !       Verizon Fios, your are weak and don’t have a clue how to run a company as a television provider.   Stick to phones.     High def channels are still in the 500’s and up.    Wow.   With today’s technology.  Really.    You don’t know how to have a customer put on channel 5 and get high def.   you still have to go to 505 on Verizon.   

Every other provider you go to channel 5.  You get hd on 5.   Verizon.  Switches you to 505.   So hard to remember the channels on Verizon.   The old timers don’t have a chance.    My parents switched to Fios.   They call me every day !!!! With questions.  They hate it.    FINAL WORD.    VERIZON BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND MAKE FIOS EASIER TO USE !        PLEASE !      Suggestion.   Get rid of accuweather and just lower my bill,    Because accuweather channel is just plain bad.  End of story.  

0 Likes
WEATHER CHANNEL?!? Accuweather is NOT cutting it
beejay123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot believed Verizon had the nerve to cut The Weather Channel and replace it with this joke of a channel Accuweather. Accuweather’s production quality and quality of the Valium-esque meteorologists pales in comparison to TWC. BRING THEM BACK!! What are you going to cut next? ESPN? People also look at sports on the internet, so why not cut ESPN, too? (Sarcasm, don’t really do it) 

0 Likes
beejay123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree! Accuweather is the WORST!! This one older white meteorologist is like a walking Valium. SOOO boring! Local news meteorologists are 1000X better than this dude. Unbelievable that Verizon thinks they could replace The Weather Channel with this garbage. 

0 Likes
Weather
Johnb12

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Bring back The Weather Channel 

Current programming is SO POOR

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
Airloft

How do it get The Weather Channel? I do not like accuweather.

0 Likes