Switch Account

The Weather Channel

SOLVED
Copper Contributor mbrkelley
Copper Contributor
Message 1971 of 1,978
(1,935 Views)

Thanks, just saw it on Facebook.  Strange that Verizon has no announcement on its site!  

Copper Contributor mbrkelley
Copper Contributor
Message 1972 of 1,978
(1,935 Views)

Thanks, just saw it on Facebook. Strange that Verizon has no announcement on its site!

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 1973 of 1,978
(1,792 Views)

Why doesnt the channel show up in the viewing guide buy it works by entering 611 in the remote?

Contributor creg
Contributor
Message 1974 of 1,978
(1,593 Views)

I turned on the TV this morning and much to my surprise, Channel 611 is back as WEATHERHD, aka The Weather Channel. AccuWeather is still on a different channel, but I have always liked TWC the best. When did they add TWC to the lineup?

Contributor bc21
Contributor
Message 1975 of 1,978
(1,405 Views)

I had Verizon FIOS years ago and switched to Spectrum after they dropped The Weather Channel.  Then after reading online FIOS had picked back up I just switched back to FIOS, which is now Frontier FIOS.  Is Frontier FIOS and Verizon FIOS the same company?  Because I do not have The Weather Channel and even trying to tune to channel 611 it jumps from 607 to 616.  While I was signing back up for FIOS I even asked my customer service rep if they indeed had The Weather Channel back and was told yes.  My response was "good, because Accuweather was horrible!"  If I can't get The Weather Channel on FIOS I'll be going back to Spectrum as soon as I get my new customer discount offer.

Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 1976 of 1,978
(1,393 Views)

@bc21 wrote:

I had Verizon FIOS years ago and switched to Spectrum after they dropped The Weather Channel.  Then after reading online FIOS had picked back up I just switched back to FIOS, which is now Frontier FIOS.  Is Frontier FIOS and Verizon FIOS the same company?  Because I do not have The Weather Channel and even trying to tune to channel 611 it jumps from 607 to 616.  While I was signing back up for FIOS I even asked my customer service rep if they indeed had The Weather Channel back and was told yes.  My response was "good, because Accuweather was horrible!"  If I can't get The Weather Channel on FIOS I'll be going back to Spectrum as soon as I get my new customer discount offer.

No they are not the same. Verizon sold parts of their territory to Frontier.

Copper Contributor JuniorAC
Copper Contributor
Message 1977 of 1,978
(1,072 Views)

Wait...what??  Yeah, it's back - CH. 611, I'm just seeing this for the first time. (came back June 24...and it's now a week before Labor Day. SMH - better late than never I guess.😆)  

I had no idea, I came on here for another solution and saw this. Good!! That other AccuWeather channel was terrible and never watched it - just my opinion.

When it came to big thunderstorms, and even the Hurricanes hitting my area (Irene, Sandy.etc), I'd turned to TWC. It's been a pretty active Summer storm season in the Philly/NJ area.

Very cool, I dont have Facebook anymore so this is good news.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1978 of 1,978
(325 Views)

I was scrolling around the channels the other day and saw the Weather Channel logo.  I clicked on it and the channel appeared.  I am amazed - did not think I would see it again.  Never liked the AccuWeather Channel.  Thank you Verizon!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.