Unacceptable Service
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

About 2 months ago I ordered the FIOS Tripple Play to replace my DirecTV (already had the phone and internet).  Today, when I tried to view an HBO movie, I got a message that said I had to activate the servce.  I called the number on the scren and they indicated that they would correct the isue within an hour.  I speciffically stated that this correction should not result in any additional charges because of what I had originbally ordered.

I subsequently got an email "confirming" my order for additional service at $16.99 per month.  I have sent them an email contesting this charge, but we will have to see what happens.  I am prepared to cancel my Triiple Play and Verizon Wireless if this is not corrected.  I am a retired Regular Army Officer, and do not appreciate firms that deal in such a shoddy manner.  I can guarantee that this info will be provided throughout the miliatry community.

Regards, Dan

0 Likes
Re: Unacceptable Service
tns
Master - Level 2

this is peer to peer. 

In most areas, I believe HBO is an additional charge.  In few areas around NYC, like my own, HBO is included with certain packages that include FIOS Ultimate package.  In some other areas they may feature HBO free for a few months.

0 Likes
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

TNS,

Thanks for your reply, but I signed up for the Ultimate package and specifically asked to include everything.

Regards, Dan

0 Likes
ansky201
Contributor - Level 1

Your profile indicates you are in Virginia.  Are you sure the Ultimate package *includes* HBO in Virginia? I thought it was only included in NY and NJ.  When you told them to "include everything" that means Ultimate package plus all the other optional services (at least that's how I would understand it).  They should have confirmed all the pricing with you before the service was activated.  I don't think Verizon is necessarily wrong on this one. 

0 Likes
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ansky973,

This is not a question of whether or not HBO is included in the Ultimate Package; it is a question of what I said and what the representative said.  I specifically stated that I wanted all of the movie channels since I was coming from DirecTV Premier.  My recollection is that when the representative read back everything that I had ordered, that he included HBO, but I can't swear to that nor do I have any document to show that he said that.

Verizon has a superior product in both their FIOS and their wireless areas.  I don't see why they (or their representatives) feel they have to lie to obtain customers.  I am not sure if it is a matter of corporate culture, or just the problem of a single bad representative.  I just care that a corporation has directly or indirectly lied to me.  And that trumps quality of service in my humble opinion.

I have been reviewing alternatives, and I expect that all Verizon services, including Wireless, will be cancelled by early next week.  I suspect that I will go to Cox for TV and Internet and AT&T for home and mobile phone.  I recognize that both are less than Verizon in quality, but integrity means something to me.

Regards, Dan

0 Likes
jss9669
Contributor - Level 1

You could always confirm whether or not you are subscribed to HBO by logging into your account online.  You might be able to confirm whether or not they correctly subscribed you to HBO when you signed up by looking at your billing history.

0 Likes
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

jss9669,

That is correct, as long as one has reason to believe there is a problem.  Unless I have reason to believe otherwise, I assume that what I have been told by a representative is correct.  Maybe naive, but how I generally react.

In this case, I was told that my service included HBO at the price quoted, and I believed that.

In any event, when I called to cancel my Verizon services yesterday, the problem was resolved after I explained the situation.  I suspect that my statements can be verified by any recording that occurred during my conversation with the original representative.

So, while I am still not happy with the behavior of the original representative, I am still temporarily a Verizon customer.

Regards, Dan

0 Likes