Upgrade my set top box?
beltster
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few channels no longer load and say I need to upgrade my set top box to receive the programming. If I click more info it details how Verizon will send me a new set top box for no charge and how to send in my old one. My question is: what has changed on these channels that I need to use a new set top box?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade my set top box?
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is changing the digital mode that they use to deliver some channels. It will allow for more efficient use of available space, and (hopefully) lead to the addition of more channels later. Some older boxes aren't compatible with the new mode, and must be replaced.

In my market (Tampa), I received notification of it about six months ago, but due to a shortage of new boxes, they delayed the changes. I guess this means they started up again?

View solution in original post

Re: Upgrade my set top box?
jasonacg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is changing the digital mode that they use to deliver some channels. It will allow for more efficient use of available space, and (hopefully) lead to the addition of more channels later. Some older boxes aren't compatible with the new mode, and must be replaced.

In my market (Tampa), I received notification of it about six months ago, but due to a shortage of new boxes, they delayed the changes. I guess this means they started up again?

Re: Upgrade my set top box ... - Why Not?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@beltster wrote:

A few channels no longer load and say I need to upgrade my set top box ... Verizon will send me a new set top box for no charge  ... what has changed on these channels that I need to use a new set top box?

Jason answered the "what has changed" issue.  You can get a free upgrade using the DVD menu and searching for "upgrade" in the settings area.  If you do not upgrade, you simply cannot view the material on selected channels.

0 Likes