Switch Account

VERIZON Stinks - sell your stock now and buy Google

VERIZON Stinks - sell your stock now and buy Google

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 11 of 13
(3,573 Views)

Well I tried, but I cannot request a pin. I have been registered with My Verizon for probably 4 1/2 years, when I enter my phone number it comes back and says I am already registered (I also tried a neighbor's phone number that I know has FiOS, same thing). So I have no way to verify that I can or cannot enter a pin with Firefox.

One possible circumvention you might try: install and use the Firefox Add-on called IE Tab. With that add-on, you can selectively choose to use the Internet Explorer engine under the covers from within Firefox. Easy to tell Firefox to use the IE for a specific site all the time, or whenever you specifically want or need to. I use the add-on to access Microsoft's service dialogs from within Firefox, for example. I do not use it for Verizon websites (just checked to verify that), but again, since I cannot get a pin due to already being registered, I can't try what doesn't work for you.....wish I could. Sorry.....

Keller, TX 76248

Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 12 of 13
(3,557 Views)

@rb7v wrote:

Not wrong.  I requested a pin and when I used Firefox, the pin wouldn't work.  I re-requested the pin 20 times, but Verizon would not send me a new one, they just kept saying my pin was invalid.  Only after I tried IE did the pin work.  When I told the online rep (that it took 3 hours to get to) about the problem, he told me it was my fault for using Firefox.  He said Verizon only supports IE.  I asked him why they didn't inform their users of this deficiencies ... he had no answer.

Verizon only supports IE. That doesnt mean that the other will not work. It just means that they will not troubleshoot problems with another program. They dont support Linux, Novell, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, and many other programs. They all work, they just are not supported.

Many websites put security systems in that are IE specific and will not work with Firefox. Happens with my bank, my stocks, and my online school as well. Continue to use Firefox as it is a superior product but just be aware that many secure sites are compatible with IE only.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 13 of 13
(3,531 Views)

Just as Spacedebris stated. Many secure sites will not work properly with browsers other that IE. I have also run into it a few times. But right now as I type, I am running Firefox.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.