VOD Content "Not Available on Server"
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

I've been getting a message while attempting to play numerous different VOD content (both HD and SD) today that "Your selected content is not available on the server. Please try again later. Technical info: no matching content."

Is anyone else getting this?  First time it has happened for us.

0 Likes
Re: VOD Content "Not Available on Server"
LizJ58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't gotten that error, but I've noticed content disappearing from On-Demand recently.

0 Likes
lisag43

We are getting the same error today.  We turned off the tv and set top box and turned them back on and are now getting the error code VOD_66:OX8 no matching content.  I've been on hold with verizon for almost a half hour waiting to get help.....

0 Likes
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1

Disney, Nick and Cartoon network VOD are all completely missing.

0 Likes
lisag43

Just hung up with verizon....i'm told it's a national outage....

0 Likes
USAFAMMO

I just had FIOs installed today at noon. No VOD. Is this common? To be honest it isnt very comforting.

0 Likes
donutz28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, its common.

Verizon Fios doesn't even come close to cable with the VOD reliability.

VOD also streams through the router, which is a lemon.

All new releases and popular movies pixelate.

And, get use to outages whenever people are home,  like during snowstorms or bad weather days, and other 'high volume' VOD/PPV days.  

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

@donutz28 - While this may be your personal experience, I don't concur.  I've watched many VOD titles and never have an issue.  The movies stream fine (even in the middle of snowstorms when everyone is home) and while there may have been other VOD outages, this is the first one that I've experienced.   My biggest complaint with VOD is the lack of free content (or reasonably priced content -- with Redbox out there giving you movies for $1/night, charging $6 for an HD streamed movie is nothing short of highway robbery -- but this is the same regardless of FiOS or Cable based VOD).

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I've got to agree with lasagna. VOD has worked very well for me. I have both DTV and Verizon and the Verizon VOD works much better. Yes the content varries by provider. But I've never had a problem going onto VOD and finding something to watch and when downloading it works great. Only the occasional sporatic outage, but that no different than any other provider i've ever used.

0 Likes
LizJ58
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, BBC-America isn't the only missing channel? Interesting, I'll have to check this evening and see if other channels are gone as well.

0 Likes