VOD= Verizon On Double-charging?
watchdawg_VZ

Two working people in the house here, we subscribe to both VOD and VDVR as the tools [paid for monthly]; that accommodate our  television watching schedule[s] and program choices. It has become obvious to us more and more recently that, many of the programs available on VOD subscription are in a category under "FlexView" a pay to view service, some examples: 'The Vampire Diaries', 'Eureka', and ' Warehouse 13 ' just to name a few. I pay once to Verizon Fios for these programs via their networks and when I go to exercise the "On the Demand" service I'm subject to a second charge per show on "FlexView". To add insult to injury  this appears to be rolling over into the PayPer View movies offered on Fios, with many movies offered at a premium and for sale only. Case in point; this past winter holiday season, on Christmas eve I wanted to watch [with my family]  ..Frank Capra's classic " It's a Wonderful Life"  low and behold I found it offered on Fios "FlexView" at a price of $10.00 ! [for a 60+ year old movie]. Needles to say I down loaded it from the web, courtesy Verizon Internet.

What's up with this Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: VOD= Verizon On Double-charging?
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

I had almost the identical thing happen and I'd like some kind of explanation from Verizon about it. We tried to rent Iron Man 2 on VOD, a two-year old movie and had two choices: pay $16.99 on Flex View to buy it or subscribe to EPIX and watch it for "free." What kind of choices are those? I only wanted to rent it--not own it. Along with everyone else, we pay a fortune fo Verizon every month and expect better from them with VOD offerings. If you feel like you're getting double billed, your are, and so are we. Honestly, whoever is making these kinds of decisions at Verizon is really turning off their customers.

0 Likes