Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

VOD package suggestion

jmcohen23
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

VOD package suggestion

Message 1 of 2
(3,984 Views)

not sure if this has been discussed, but I thought of an idea for VZ:

Unlimited VOD rentals for $20/month

this idea is really not new, as Netflix and Blockbuster already offer them.  However, VZ has the platform and technology to handle this service. 

If VZ is afraid that this package would canablize their premium subscriptions, then they could restrict the VOD choices to movies not currently available on-demand from those premium subscriptions.  I'm VZ would not include adult movies in that package, but I'm sure they'll get a lot more subscribers.

So just curious, if VZ offered such a package, would you subscribe?

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
1 REPLY 1
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: VOD package suggestion

Message 2 of 2
(3,979 Views)

@jmcohen23 wrote:

not sure if this has been discussed, but I thought of an idea for VZ:

Unlimited VOD rentals for $20/month

The problem with this idea is that Verizon would lose money on it with the current VOD contracts.  Right now a major portion of waht you pay for a VOD does not go to Verizon but to the studio / distributor of the film.

I agree it would be a great idea and I would probably subscribe, but it would require Verizon (and other "cable" companies) to create a whole new distribution model (and pricing with the providers.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.