DaveO5

I have a few questions.

Why does VOD offer shows like the Mentalist and Supernatural, but the folders are often empty?

Why do these shows/episodes, which are often old, prevented from fast forwarding. I know with the newer show/episodes there's money to be made by forcing customers to watch the commercials, but with reruns it seems unnecessary.

Also why are several shows not available on VOD. For example, 30Rock isn't listed or available. It would seem easy to make available most shows.

None of these questions are important, I'm really just curious.

0 Likes
Re: VOD
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@DaveO wrote:

I have a few questions.

Why do these shows/episodes, which are often old, prevented from fast forwarding. I know with the newer show/episodes there's money to be made by forcing customers to watch the commercials, but with reruns it seems unnecessary.

Also why are several shows not available on VOD. For example, 30Rock isn't listed or available. It would seem easy to make available most shows.

None of these questions are important, I'm really just curious.

The blocking of FF is a requirement from the content provider (in this case the specific broadcast network).  There's money to be made regardless if the episodes age.
As for show availability, again that is only what the given network provides, Verizon has no control over what showas are and aren't provided.
0 Likes