Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

VOD

DaveO
Contributor
Contributor

VOD

Message 1 of 2
(316 Views)

I have a few questions.

Why does VOD offer shows like the Mentalist and Supernatural, but the folders are often empty?

Why do these shows/episodes, which are often old, prevented from fast forwarding. I know with the newer show/episodes there's money to be made by forcing customers to watch the commercials, but with reruns it seems unnecessary.

Also why are several shows not available on VOD. For example, 30Rock isn't listed or available. It would seem easy to make available most shows.

None of these questions are important, I'm really just curious.

1 REPLY 1
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: VOD

Message 2 of 2
(303 Views)

@DaveO wrote:

I have a few questions.

Why do these shows/episodes, which are often old, prevented from fast forwarding. I know with the newer show/episodes there's money to be made by forcing customers to watch the commercials, but with reruns it seems unnecessary.

Also why are several shows not available on VOD. For example, 30Rock isn't listed or available. It would seem easy to make available most shows.

None of these questions are important, I'm really just curious.

The blocking of FF is a requirement from the content provider (in this case the specific broadcast network).  There's money to be made regardless if the episodes age.
As for show availability, again that is only what the given network provides, Verizon has no control over what showas are and aren't provided.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.