VZ P265v1 RC + input button not allowing for selection
worked

Hi there-  My new P265v1 remote control is working BUT will not let me switch inputs.  The input button successfully displays the input options (and allows me to toggle through each option) but the OK/Enter button does not activate the input selected... Is there something I can do to get this to work?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: VZ P265v1 RC + input button not allowing for selection
matcarl
Master - Level 1

If you can see it toggling, doesn't your TV automatically change it after a couple of seconds after you pick one? 

0 Likes
worked

Thanks for responding! 

Nope.  You need to activate the selection after it's made unfortunately.  Any other suggestions?  There is no TV button on the remote, unlike my old comcast remote.  IMO, that's a fail on these new Verizon remotes.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have some other code listings for that manufacturer you could try?   What you describe is often a symptom of having the wrong remote code.   Many manufactures will use similar codes for multiple models of their TV's (for instance, the power button may often be the same code across multiple models) but use different codes for model specific features (so the OK/Select/Enter button could be different between models).

This is confusing to some people because the instructions tell you to find a code that makes the "power button" work and then stop looking.   In reality, that's just the tip of the iceburg.   You need to find a code which makes then power button work and then see if the other buttons function as well (power's just the easiest "change" for an individual searching for a code to quickly recognize since the TV obviously turns on/off).

0 Likes
worked

Ok... so the RC comes with two OK buttons (which is **bleep**), big middle and bottom right.  Both show me the channel info when pressed. So technically the remote is working correctly, just no enter button with (tv) mode is available, as this RC does not give me an option to switch over to TV mode.  Not sure there is any other option available at this point.  Thanks again for your response!  ANy other advice is appreciated.  Also, I have a mitshibishi if that makes an difference.

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

I'm sure there's extra software inside to encompass multiple models of that brand, but it sounds like this new remote will be a complete headache for subscribers.  Fits perfectly into Verizon's new strategy, anger their customers by taking away features they actually like.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Here is a link to a thread about the new remote at DSLReports:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24679150-New-fios-remote-control

Someone asked about the Input button and the response (about 8 or so down) was that yes, it does work on their TV. So as was suggested earlier, perhaps using a different code for your TV will fix the problem.

As to the two OK buttons you mention, no, they are not both OK buttons, one is OK the other is FiOS TV. While both will display the channel id you are watching if you are watching live TV, when you are using a DVR and watching a recorded program or VOD, pressing the FiOS TV button takes you directly to live TV, to the channel you were last watching, while the OK button will give you a status bar on whatever recorded program or VOD you are watching.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
worked

There's only one code for these Remotes: 

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/questionsone/127937.htm

Whatever, sounds like I need to order the older "full featured" RC instead.  Awesome!  Not.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@worked wrote:

There's only one code for these Remotes: 

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv/remote+controls/setup/questionsone/127937.htm

Whatever, sounds like I need to order the older "full featured" RC instead.  Awesome!  Not.

Huh! Interesting limitation.Thanks for the link. I just checked the In-Home Agent on my TV, still IMG 1.7.1, does not show this new remote yet. So Verizon still has some work to do....

One final thought (not that this would be a good solution but just wondering): if you press the power button to turn on the TV after powering on the STB, does the Input button work on the TV? And if it does, could you aim the remote away from the TV, or cover the emitter on the remote, while you did hit the TV power button, and make it work?

I wonder if there are any of the older remotes on eBay or wherever? Might be worth scarfing up a few.....

I am at a loss, and I agree, this remote appears to suck. Glad I have 4 old remotes for my 3 TVs, I guess I am safe for now.

Good luck!

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The new remote actually does have two OK buttons. One at the top. in the middle of all the arrows. This is the one for the STB. There is another at the bottom of the remote on the right side. This should be the one for the TV. If this button is not working, have you tried the "fix" per the manual?

Key Fix
If your remote control is programmed for your TV, but the <VOL>, <Mute>, or the <A/V> keys do not work correctly, then you can try using the Key Fix feature to fix the buttons.

1. Press and hold the <OK> and * buttons simultaneously.
• The Red LED will blink twice and then stay on.

2. Press and hold the key that does not work correctly. The remote control will try a new code every second.

3. Once the TV responds correctly, release the button.

4. Press <OK> to save the current settings and finish programming your remote control.

Now I know that this says for those 3 buttons, but maybe it will work for that bottom ok button too?

0 Likes