Verizon Directv Agreement and Directv foreign language offerings.
prisaz
Legend

Verizon has an agreement to partner with Directv in areas that are not serviced by FIOS TV, and possibly even areas that are serviced by FIOS. Or perhaps partnering is a bad term. At least Verizon offers direct in a bundle package for customers that do not have FIOS.

Look at this idea. Why can Verizon not make an agreement with Directv to offer channels that Directv has and they do not.

Or at least try to match what Directv has.

Mainly in the Spanish and foreign language area. I know some of these are not HD, but would expand Verizon's offerings. They would not take up much space on the QAMs. There are many people I know that would go all after FIOS if only it offered that Spanish language line up available on Directv. I have known one channel that is no longer under a sole provider agreement with Directv and is now beginning to be offered on cable networks. Come on Verizon I never thought it would be FIOS playing catch up. Even if you raised the price a few dollars in this package it would attract more customers. I know direct TV offers it's Latino package add on for about $15, and you are still at about $11. Catch up to them and raise the price to cover it. I am sure you would attract more business.

You would even get more business from me. I am not Spanish, but my wife is. I do not subscribe to your Spanish lineup, but have a Directv dish in the back yard. You know what influence wives can have.Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes