Verizon FIos DVR
Alliharin

I'd like to know if it's possible, and if so how do I do it, to watch programs that I have recorded on my DVR on either my Verizon phone or my laptop.

It's great that there are apps so I can schedule stuff to record, and clean up my DVR from my phone or laptop, but what about actually watching the stuff on my DVR???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIos DVR
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

At this time, that is not possible directly from the Verizon DVR.   This is largely a content copy protection issue from the originators of the content, not Verizon's.  In fact, I believe there as a discussion about this on one of the CES forum posts -- not specifically related to the DVR -- but explaining why you can't in general watch live TV on a PC or mobile device.

If you have Slingbox, you could watch your slingbox (which can watch anything your STB is tuned to watch including previously recorded programs) on your PC or mobile device.  But that would obviously require some extra investment.

0 Likes
Alliharin
That's lame. Should be no reason why you can't. What difference does it make WHERE I view something I recorded
0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Talk to the lawyers in the entertainment industry ... I think everyone agree that it "shouldn't" matter, but content producers (that's the networks, etc. and not Verizon) disagree.   They are very much so interested in protecting when and how each of their programs can be viewed -- and the lawyers certainly earn lots of money making it that way.

0 Likes