Verizon Fios Programs
norma123n

I am a 62 year old senior caregiver, I am from Puerto Rico, my question and complaint is this: Why verizon fios have a lot of channels for smexican people and not only one from my country, Do you think only mexican people see verizon fios, I will like to see Wapa America in my programs, other companies are offering this in their offers, like Direct tv, they are offering this channel free with their programs, why your Company dont do this, and we have to pay in order to see the channel, this is not fair I am thinking to this next year change to another company, I can be sure that a lot of hispanic people like myself have the same complaint,  Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Programs
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

comparing to the spanish is not quite fair. There is a LARGE customer base for the spanish channels. Especially in TX and CA. Granted there are a lot of customers for the other channels too, but not as much as the spanish. Notice that when you call any Phone number, they always offer the spanish option but no others, due to the large number of spanish speaking people. The channels are no different.

Now they have added quite a few international channels for people that want other languages

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Plans/Plans.htm?Plan=International

And they keep adding more. They just added a new Greek channel a few days ago for example. And there will likely be a Puerto Rican channel added at some point. Assuming they get a contract with such a channel. But it does take time and they do ballance that against cost. If they feel that enough people would order that particular channel to make it worth their time and effort to add it, it will be added in. However, if there is not a large enough customer base to offset the cost then they likely will not add it. Its all about money.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Programs
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

Space, you may have missed his point. He is spanish. Spanish is spoken in many countries and areas other then mexico. He is saying the only spanish stations included for no extra charge are mexican channels. He is requesting they make Wapa America a peurto-rican Spanish channel available to him at no extra charge.

0 Likes