Verizon Removing Channels From My Plan
Mechy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m curious how this works....since you keep removing channels from my plan, and you’re not replacing them with anything comparable, can I get out of my contract? Or, can I move to the lower plan that still has the discovery channels that you removed from my plan? Lower plan =lower cost. 

Re: Removing Channels and Contracts
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most cable company contracts allow them to add or delete channels from packages as they we fit.

You can can change packages at any time without any penalty, just have to keeps a package.

BuffaloBill1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agreed to a package of channels and now they are moving those channels to higher priced packages. It's one thing to remove them, entirely another to move them to a high priced package.

They already tried to jack my rate even though I had a contracted price but was able to get that resolved via BBB.

I only have a few months left and will be changing over to DirectTV Now. Been with Verizon since the beginning but now I am done.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most service providers do this.
As they sign new contracts, they may have to move channels around.

Sometimes they add channels, sometimes they delete.

Its because of the fact they pay by the number of subscribers in a package.

If they don't see enough subscribers watching that channel, they may remove it.
The contracts we all agree to allow them to make these changes even though your contract is in force.

Mechy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm about a year and a half new to Fios. Before Fios I was with Comcast for many, many years. I honestly don't remember them moving channels around like they do here. Even all the removing of channels, I don't remember that also. 

Verizon arbitrarily changed my plan
mononucleosis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I lost all of my History channels yesterday for no reason. Even Verizon couldn't figure it out until after I had been on the phone for almost an hour. It turns out that they wanted to extract more money from me. They took away my American Heroes channel on D-Day, and I am a retired veteran. But of course, they would give it back if I would agree to a higher priced package, and that is the only way. It seems my so-called Grandfatered package was not grandfathered any more.

Between Fios and Verizon Wireless, I spend over $3000.00 per year on their service, but that doesn't matter. All that counts is that they saw an opportunity to nickel and dime me, even though I am on a fixed income. All this over one channel. Does the greed never end?

"Greed is good!" ...Gordon Gekko,  Wall Street".

I am disgcusted. But since I live in Pittsburgh, I have an alternative (excuse me while I gag) Comcast.

Re: Verizon arbitrarily changed my plan
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you check your STB, I beleive there were messages relating to changes in channels.

FIOS and Wireless are two different divisions that don't give credit for services with the other.

Lastly, this is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

tensionbuilding
Enthusiast - Level 1

It only gets worst. First lost AHC125 then HUB259. Couple days later TENNIS 92, next day GSN184 and LOGO187. We will see what other channels will be lost. Called to complain but did not get straight answer. Asked if billing price will go down and told no but for more money they will reinstate lost channels. Forgot also lost 212, 213, 214, 219, 222, and 225.  Can someone help 

Gquinton
Enthusiast - Level 2

The day I receved the email announcing the abrupt loss of several Discovery/History channels I called and demanded a reduction in my price. Why not, the reason they gave is because to keep these chanells would cost more, obviously then deleting them should cost less, It is not as if Discovery is still charging Verizon for my use of these chanells, so where is my price reduction? Verizon billing said they could do nothing, and had to send me to sales. I refused to be transferred since I already spoke with sales when I ordered the full slate of chanells that i am paying for...even though Verizon delets several.

Gquinton
Enthusiast - Level 2

File a complaint with the FCC and they in turn submit it to Verizon, who by law has to respond to your official complaint.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us