Re: Removing Channels and Contracts
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

You are so right VERIZON IS NOT THE ONLY OPTION FOR MANY. We are looking at options all ready. Plus we are contacting the BBB and our state Utility Commissioner.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon arbitrarily changed my plan
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Be aware you are talking to peers here.  Rarely will Verizon comment on this type of Thread.  The previous replier was explaining how things are not how we would like them to be.

Neither BBB or State authorities are likely to be able to help you. 

Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

This has just begun when the National and International Media become aware of this INJUSTICE it can affect the BOTTOM LINE OF the  VERIZON CONSUMER VIOLATIORS. Other companies have been impacted in the stock market and corporate profits begin their DECLINE.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Problem with fees for packages is that they are in a constant state of flux. Every contract renewal causes changes to channel prices. So cable providers have to regulate their profit (they are all money making businesses) by increasing prices for customer renewals, negotiating prices with content providers and adjusting packages.

Cable companies pay content providers based on number of subscribers to a package regardless of viewer ship. My assumption is that based on viewer ship, Verizon felt it wasn't worth the cost. That has been their statement in the past when channel changes have been made.

So while you lost ahc, its highly probable that other discovery channels increased in price offsetting the cost of dropping ahc from your package.

Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I wrote to the VERIZON AWARDS deparment, I had earned a few points to purchase a tube of BUTT CREAM from being done in by my FAVORITE CHANNEL DELETEION as you have lost 2 of your favorite. I am a VETERAN TOO, as was my father who was presented on 12/7/1941 when the Japanese Attacked Hickam and Pearl Harbor. My grandfather was a WWI Veteran so those two channels were important to me as well. The first YEAR THE HISTORY CHANNEL ACKNOWLEGDED MEMORIAL DAY they showed ALL ALLIED FILMS AND DOCUMENTARIES. They heard from me about that and it was corrected. 

Getting back to the REWARDS POINTS. I told them I in good faith could NEVER RECOMMEND VERIZON TO A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND AGAIN,  and then have them discover their PAID FOR FAVORITE CHANNEL HAS BEEN DELETED AS WE HAD OUR AND YOURS DELETED. I don't do things like that FOR MONEY OR POINTS, I have to live with myself and sleep at night. I am being treated for STAGE 3 PROSTATE CANCER, I DON'T NEED THIS KIND OF ABUSE at this point in my life or what is left of it nor should any one I know or care about. GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHLY.

0 Likes
RangerG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I honestly don't think Verizon cares much what we think.  They are a corporate entity and the only thing that gets stakeholder attention is a loss of revinue.  If enough subscribers get angry and leave for other services, it is possible they would change their policey.  But honestly, I bet the bait and switch tactic of hoodwinking folks into paying more is working out well for their MBA's, so why change?  I am a Veteran too, head of a national support orgainization and I am going to make sure all my brothers and sisters find out about their dropping AHC from packages we can afford.   Fine print in a contract is one thing, doing the right thing is another.  Verizon has the right to do whatever their contract says because folks like the veterans who posted here paid a price for that freedom.  Shamefull way to treat those who served their nation and are now on fixed incomes.  Vote with your feet folks.  When your contract is up, carefully research the alternatives and vote with your wallet.  Probably would not hurt to mention it on social media so others are aware and don't make the same poor choice.

Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We may never meet however my father enlisted in 1937. I learned on 12/7/1956 on the 15th ANNIVERSARY OF THE JAPANESE ATTACK in my 3rd Grade History class from an interview our teacher read. She left out my father's name and then she surprised us when she announced his name. In 1943 LOU ZAMPERINI was assigned to Pops 42 SQ. This Lou with Billy Graham. VERIZON SHOULD SUPPORT OUR VETERANS AND PROVIDE THE AMERICAN HEROES CHANNEL FREE TO VETERANS.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Removing Channels From My Plan
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I apologize the multiple postings of LOU ZAMPERINI OF THE book UNBROKEN, I was trying to do it with my CELL PHONE, never a good idea. SORRY FOLKS,

0 Likes
WelcometoWendys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am cancelling everything and just getting internet when my plan is up. They took away the only channel my kid watches. I have Prime and watch youtube so that is enough for us. 

Funny thing is they have what, 5-6 spanish channels nobody watches? Get rid of those.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WelcometoWendys wrote:

I am cancelling everything and just getting internet when my plan is up. They took away the only channel my kid watches. I have Prime and watch youtube so that is enough for us. 

Funny thing is they have what, 5-6 spanish channels nobody watches? Get rid of those.

I suspect, but don't know, that such channels have more viewers than you think.  Some of the foreign language channels are also sold in separate packages.  If you are referring to Spanish LOCAL channels, other rules may require them to be carried.

Verizon boxes let Verizon know what channels are actually watched.  They do make their decision largely based on popularity vs cost.  Note that some channels are sold to them in packages from channel providers.  This forces them to include some less popular channels if they want one of the more popular channels.

This doesn't mean that they haven't made some bad decisions which angered some subscribers enough to leave, and others to complain loud enough to give them bad publicity.