Re: Removing Channels and Contracts
ronernie

Removing a channel for company cost factors is fine and they tell you this when you flip to a channel that has been actually removed, however unsubscribing you from a channel that is still on their service after you have had it for many months on a contract is actually a breach of contract and any lawyer will back you on that!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read the terms of service.

You agreed to allow them to drop channels at any time during your period of contract.

This is based on contracts they sign with content providers.

Their contracts determine which packages get a channel. If that contract changes, they have to change package contents.
And this is common amongst cable providers.

Re: Verizon Removing Channels From My Plan
jccj816

Overnight I went from having hundreds of channels to 50 without any notice. Cool cool cool. These packaging plans are awful for the consumer. This is exactly why they lobby so hard to get the right to do the same thing with our internet plans. Gotta get that stock price up again and again. Crazy. 

0 Likes
Weehenri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon 9 years, now one year into a two year contract they took away all the chnanels I have been watching.When I called up Verizon a year ago and siniged up for a new two year contract,the Agent said everthing will remain the same ''NO CHANGES''well enough said for that,now all I am left with is basic channels.What kind of a contract is this when they dont  live up to there side of it,its almost like being a hostage,I have a year to go a year on the contract and if I want to get my channels back I  have to pay fifthy dollars more, and there not offering and option of getting out of this bogis contract.Once I called up and a  agent told me,I should not have been getting these channels any way ''Nice''no I said  they were part of my package,CNN,MSNBC,lerning ch.,history ch,nathional geo, smithsonian ch., the lerning ch., qvc,msn and a few others for 9 years  all gone. So this is how they treat customers who have been with them for years.I only wish I could leave Verizon tomorrow, or even today would be better.I am 74 disabled and on a fixed income, it just seems to me there trying to squize money out of us,and dont give a **bleep** about the customers...

0 Likes
Pkfrustrated

There us no contract... be careful now they charge you for using customer service ( any kind or way of contact to reduce or increase your services. 10.00 plus. taxes... A multi- million $ Co. And charge customers to offer us, bad customer service.        Yeap.... is real.  they charge you 10.00 to get sure , they get an extra month of whatever you are removing. If you are adding also, they never tell you " are getting charge for the change "

0 Likes
Pkfrustrated

This happened to me, I live in West Islip, New York.

0 Likes
Pkfrustrated

Guys you/we can leave at any time....there is no contract.   But be careful, fir example, today is 1/29/21..... my cycle  is starts the 8th of the month  the bill that you/i am paying tomorrow in advance for the period 2/09 thru 3/8, is going to have an extra charge of a month. I just asked a cust serv guy about it. They just want to nail you

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The issue for Verizon and other cable providers is managing costs.

Content providers get paid for every subscriber that can watch a channel whether they watch it or not. So when a content provider raises their rates, cable providers have to decide if they can absorb the price increase in their current customer revenue or if they maybe have to drop some customers to pay less.

Contracts can also dictate what level of users must have access.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.