Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Verizon bills from movies I did not purchase

Baumbach
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Verizon bills from movies I did not purchase

Message 1 of 1
(1,267 Views)

Keep an eye on your emails, and Verizon bill for unauthorized purchases!

I called a got a refund, but still. Twice now is about a year, I received an email notification from Verizon with the subject line "On Demand rental confirmation" The last one was for an "Adult Title" for $17.99. at 3:11 AM, at which time everyone was fast asleep in bed.

I checked all set top boxes under my rentals and purchases for this movie, I also signed in to my online account, and the moving was nowhere to be found.

I called Verizon, the first person said there was no such purchase on my account, I asked to be transferred, and the second person investigated further, and said he did see the purchase on my account, and that there was a delay before they can see recent purchases, (third-party billing I assume.) I stated if it was in fact purchased, why am I not able to find it on the set top boxes or online, this he could not explain, he said someone in my house hold may have deleted it, then I said, then why does it not show up under recently deleted, he said he did not know how the STB’s worked.

I asked him to let me know how the movie was purchase, i.e. which STB, Online, etc. he said one, I asked for details, then he changed his mind repeatedly, in which method was used to purchase, he really only said the purchase was made through Flex View, which I assume is a third-party Verizon contacts with.

If Flex View is a third-party responsible for unauthorized billing, Verizon needs to investigate this, and we as consumers need to keep an eye on our bill.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title