Verizon dropped my Cinemax and increased my bill !!!!!! Why????
GDowen

I have 10 boxes in my house, two main and 8 "biscuit" FIOS boxes.  We have internet, phone and TV bundle.  In July, Verizon removed Cinemax.  At the same time-our monthly rate/bill increased!  Why?  This is a good way and excuse for me to drop it all.  This is not a good strategic customer retention plan.  I will have to bring this issue to social media.   

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropped my Cinemax and increased my bill !!!!!! Why????
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your billing issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, or contact Customer Support at 1-800-VERIZON.

0 Likes
COMET65
Enthusiast - Level 3

They dropped Cinemax from the Ultimate HD package. They do not want to talk about it. They will not publish any articles about it. They will only say, "If you want Cinemax, you can add it, ala-cart, for $15.00 a month."

0 Likes
dmwesq
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon sent out letters to customers telling them HBO and Cinemax were being dropped from their package. In the same letter they tell you that for a separate subscription you can add them back in. Try chatting with support and you get someone in a foreign country who can't help you at all. I called support and had to leave a number for them to call me back. The rep called thenext day, said he could probably work out a deal and he would call me back in an hour. Never heard from him again. Called Executive Customer service, and after a 45 minute wait get a rep who seemed totally uninterested in my issue. Told me there was really nothing she could do.

Then went online and from the executive bio page sent an email to one of their VP's. No clue who reads those emails, but pretty sure it isn't the actual person listed as the VP. So next day I get a call from ... the same person who couldn't help me the previous day. At first she denied saying that, to which I told her to go listen to the recording of the conversation. Then she changed her line to she couldn't do anything about the removal of the channels but she could apply a $10 coupon for 12 months. I asked how much both services would cost and she said $25, so the end result is I would have to pay $15 more to keep the same level of service. They also tried telling me I wasn't really paying for these channels as they were included in my bundle, so I would not get any credit for them when they are removed.

Bottom line is Verizon is a mega-company that has very little interest in their customers. All these companies focus on customer acquisition rather than customer retention. They offer the world to new customers for limited periods of time. Often, the "new" customer is someone who dumped them recently. They come at you fast and hard to get you to sign, then treat you like crap once you are on their plan. They all do it, not just Verizon, but it is very frustrating.

0 Likes