Re: AMC and Verizon
ftpolkmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree Bostn but the problem is will AMC? I doubt they will because I would be willing to bet they would stand to lose a lot of money this way. How many would be willing to pay extra for the one channel, especially when some of these currently shows become less popular as time goes on?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
Sherry521

I'm getting so sick of all of it!!!!!!!! Amc and Verizon. These companies get so much money to begin with and screw all of us over every chance they get and at this point I'm ready to stick with netflix and stop watching tv all together. I bet if people started boycotting them all together things would change a great deal. People are just to addicted to electronics they won't do it. Woman Frustrated

0 Likes
Re: DO NOT DROP AMC
Steele101

I recently switched to Verizon from Comcast, and I was happy about the switch until now. AMC is the main channel that my family watches, and if it is dropped, I'm going to have to drop Verizon. I just do not understand what is going on with cable providers trying to drop AMC. AMC is one of the most watched channels on TV, so it seems ridiculous to drop them. Verizon stop being greedy and retarded, and keep AMC!

0 Likes
Re: KEEP AMC
NoCouchPotato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know why Verizon would want to drop AMC-a network with some of the highest rated shows on cable TV. If I cannot watch The Walking Dead and Comic Book Men I will drop Verizon and go back to Time Warner Cable.

Mi-lady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to be honest we are happy with Verizon although we also love a lot of the shows Amc has for us to watch including The Walking Dead.  If for some reason we lose easy access to this show through Verizon we will more than likely walk away from Verizon. After all it has always been about the customer and if for whatever reason  they fail to recognize and appreciate, chances are we're better off else where, right?!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
FiOStech75
Enthusiast - Level 3

jsturick, for all the other stations, there are customers that would be equally mad about Discovery, ESPN, TruTV, CNN, etc etc etc.

The high prices for TV are for the combined totals of what ALL stations demand. Dont be so quick to blame solely Verizon for this issue, the stations are equally at fault. 

FYI There are plenty of people who think Walking Dead is GARBAGE and would never watch it. 

Keep AMC
BillColonna
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon proves over and over they are all about greed. They constantly do things like rasing prices on STBs etc. which  upsets customers. Now is no different.  I will dump them too. I already pay way too much for constantly diminishing channels. Too much on AMC to stay with FIOS in Veruzon drops AMC.

Mi-lady
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're with you ! 

Re: AMC and Verizon
ftpolkmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am a fan of the Walking Dead. I have all the comics and have reread them several times. I have all the channels, fast internet, and home phone. My Bill is a little over $200 an month and I am not willing to pay more then that. I don't let how much I like a show dictate my finances, especially one show that is on once a week. I have several favorite shows I like as much as the Walking Dead. Maybe If I started losing more of them I might think about dropping Verizon but not over one show.

0 Likes
Keep AMC
walkdeadfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please do not cancel AMC.  There are too many outstanding series on this channel for Verizon to consider not

renewing contract.  I love Verizon, but will cancel in a heartbeat if you remove this channel.