Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
dbrinn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Of all the 260 channels of **bleep**e that I get with your protectionist, force-fed bundling structures, AMC is one of about 10 channels that I actually watch.  So, I'll make it simple for you:

You drop AMC, I drop Verizon.

Period.

cshanks1

If you drop the AMC line up of channels like AMC, Sundance, IFC and We I will be dropping Verizon. These are the channels I tune into tv for. If you drop them I will be forced to take my business back to Comcast or another provider.

You must reconsider this decision. AMC's channels have the best programs, to loose them is to loose my loyal service and I may also be taking my phone and internet business with me.

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Please do not drop AMC. It's one of the few channels still producing quality television. As AMC goes, so would I.

Thank you.

0 Likes
mrandmrsUPSET

Don't drop AMC the whole family watches various shows there the walking dead, mad men etc.  You will lose us and allot of loyal customers so work it out with the network don't increase our prices and Keep AMC on!!!!

0 Likes
netman2011

Dropping AMC.. you`re kidding right ???
INSTANT cancellation by me and the 8 family members that have fios .

i know that DOES NOT matter to verizon AT ALL , because if id did it would not be an issue and they wouldn`t even be talking about dropping AMC.

Way 2 go verizon.....

0 Likes
Datasara1

Please do ot drop AMC. I enjoy several shows. I do really like Fios and do not want to loose AMC. There are a lot of other channels that you could drop. Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
AMC is not Verizon's fault....
Mcpreaches
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like many of you I am a huge fan of AMC's lineup they have come along way over the years and I yearn for my Walking Dead and Breaking Bad (sad to see you go). But this dispute for AMC and Verizon is just AMC trying to make a cash grab while it still has some good shows.  Normally I would be ripping Verizon and thought about leaving in AMC was gone, however AMC did the same thing to Dish and now are going after Verizon. Lets be honest AMC only has what 3 good shows maybe 4. AMC is trying to get you to spend more money not Verizon we should be contacting them and telling them to stop  holding us hostage to their petty demands.

If AMC goes off the air you can still get your fix of yoru shows on iTunes.. each season is only $25 or 30 bucks. I stand by Verizon on ths one, AMC wants us to pay more money because they got a little popular. What happens when their shows go off the air and Verizon gives in... We have paied more for now less, they can't roll back their deal. Let the greedy guys fail, buy your shows from iTunes or Amazon.

jnshum67
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not Verizon dropping AMC, its AMC threatening to leave Verizon. They (AMC) have done the same thing with other cable /dish providers. Basically, AMC is trying to renegotiate their contract and cable /dish providers are pushing back on their suggested terms. AMC is trying to get us to do their dirty work. I like AMC and I LOVE The Walking Dead, but I don’t think it’s fair that they (AMC) want us to help them get a better deal with the cable /dish providers. Maybe we should be calling AMC and asking them not to leave Verizon.

charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

Relax people. This will get resolved.

AMC is a P.I.A. for all the tv operators.  It's the reason people switched from Cablevision to FiOs in the first place..  (Cablevision owns AMC, IFC, etc.)

sheila0405
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe Verizon would consider dropping AMC, considering that Mad Men and The Walking Dead are such huge hits.  I've been a loyal viewer of AMC for 20 years.  I would certainly consider dropping Verizon Fios and going back to satellite if this happens.  :smileymad  I'd love to know the reasoning behind this proposed change in channel line up.

0 Likes