Re: AMC is not Verizon's fault....
MaxStorage
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon drops AMC do you think your bill will go down even 1 cent... No it won't so why pay the same amount for cable and then another $30 to watch the season after its over when I could just watch it on the TV service that im paying for. I had Hulu and Netflix but its not the same as watching it the day it is aired and being able to chat with others that watch it and actually know what happened instead of being like "well I have to go and watch it on Itunes or Hulu or some other website tonight because I couldn't watch what I was already paying for" and you have to hope that they dont give you any spoilers for the episode you missed. That is why I dropped Hulu and Netflix. I want one bill that I can pay to whoever has the shows that I want to watch. So what if AMC charges more, Just get locked in to contract with a fixed rate and at the end resign for the same deal or switch providers. Im not going to be paying any more next year if AMC raises the rate because of my contract. Now if AMC does get dropped then I will pay my early term fee to go to comcast (who I can't stand) and verizon will be added to my list of bad providers. I'm the tech one in my family and if I give a provider a bad rating to them they don't even think about switching to them.

Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
LMC1020

Verizon would be stupid for dropping AMC.  The walking dead is one of the best shows on TV not to mention hell on wheels is great.  Although I am sure it is an expense for them but I am pretty sure Verizon isn’t that hard up for money.

0 Likes
johnsan
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is AMC's doing!  They are trying to demand higher carriage fees from Verizon and it's part of their negotiation tactic.  You should be expressing your displeasure to AMC by emailing: 

amccustomerservice@amcnetworks.com

Let them know that you are not happy with their strategy of holding the shows hostage just to satisfy their greed!

Notice that there is no detailed information on their www.keepamc.com web site.  Even if you follow the "more information" link... 

0 Likes
sheila0405
Enthusiast - Level 2

The two series Mad Men and The Walking Dead alone are bringing in huge numbers of viewers, and, therefore, AMC is able to increase its profits.  If AMC remains a part of Verizon's line up, then folks will want to use Fios for their tv viewing.  This is a win for both Verizon Fios and for AMC.  It's not a terriblet thing that AMC wants more money from Fios, considering the higher demand for the channel.  I think Verizon would be crazy to drop AMC.  Viewers will find another provider for their tv viewing.  I hope they work things out.

0 Likes
2irreplaceable

I recently switched from Comcast because of their crappy customer service.  I rarely watch TV and as I was enjoying watching The Walking Dead last night, I read the announcement that scrolled across the screen.  So after the show, I went to the keepamc.com site and wrote them to PLEASE STOP THE CORPORATE GREED AND SELFISHNESS. 

It must be because the actors of the hit shows Mad Men, Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad are demanding more pay.  Of course, it always boils down to MONEY!  Always finding ways to pocket more $$ for the top execs and entertainers.  A couple of million $$ is chump change for them, it has to be in the tens of million $$ that could last for several lifetime.  Again, GREED, GREED, and more GREED!!!

0 Likes
2irreplaceable

I recently switched from Comcast because of their crappy customer service.  I rarely watch TV and as I was enjoying watching The Walking Dead last night, I read the announcement that scrolled across the screen.  So after the show, I went to the keepamc.com site and wrote them to PLEASE STOP THE CORPORATE GREED AND SELFISHNESS. 

It must be because the actors of the hit shows Mad Men, Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad are demanding more pay.  Of course, it always boils down to MONEY!  Always finding ways to pocket more $$ for the top execs and entertainers.  A couple of million $$ is chump change for them, it has to be in the tens of million $$ that could last for several lifetime.  Again, GREED, GREED, and more GREED!!!

0 Likes
Emo1

I will drop Verizon as my provider if Verizon drops AMC from its line up.  I will also drop my phone service.

0 Likes
MaxStorage
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jnshum67 wrote:

It's not Verizon dropping AMC, its AMC threatening to leave Verizon. They (AMC) have done the same thing with other cable /dish providers. Basically, AMC is trying to renegotiate their contract and cable /dish providers are pushing back on their suggested terms. AMC is trying to get us to do their dirty work. I like AMC and I LOVE The Walking Dead, but I don’t think it’s fair that they (AMC) want us to help them get a better deal with the cable /dish providers. Maybe we should be calling AMC and asking them not to leave Verizon.

Oh really?  Where are your sources for this information? It doesn't matter to me if they want to renegociate a contract. If verizon doesn't take the new contract then AMC is dropped and looses hundreds or thousands of customers, me included, and then Verizon aggrees to the new contract anyways and maybe gets half of the people they lost back. So if Verizon doesn't take it they loose customers and money, if they keep AMC they keep customers but maybe pay more. And you know they will pass that to us so it would be a wash but thats what fixed contracts are for to keep the price you pay the same no matter what happens with content providers.

0 Likes
sheila0405
Enthusiast - Level 2

Higher salaries for the actors in a hit series is not limited to AMC.  I remember when the actors in Friends demanded higher pay.  The network gave them what they wanted because the show was a mega hit.  The money rolled into the network, and everyone won.  It's the way tv works on nearly every channel.  Oh, and it's also called the free market.  If Verizon doesn't get it, they will soon if they drop the channel.

0 Likes
MaxStorage
Enthusiast - Level 2

@johnsan wrote:

This is AMC's doing!  They are trying to demand higher carriage fees from Verizon and it's part of their negotiation tactic.  You should be expressing your displeasure to AMC by emailing: 

amccustomerservice@amcnetworks.com

Let them know that you are not happy with their strategy of holding the shows hostage just to satisfy their greed!

Notice that there is no detailed information on their www.keepamc.com web site.  Even if you follow the "more information" link... 

Again please list your source as for saying that AMC is the one causing the problem. I for one am quite happy with AMC, they give me good shows at convenient hours. If you can't provide a source for info like this then don't post it. What do you think this is, the internet? Where you can just put anything you want with no factual proof and people can spill garbage rants about how its not this but that. You should know better than to not list your source, how do I know that you don't work for Verizon and are trying to get us on Verizon's side and "bully" AMC.