Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
MedwayMA

Why would you drop such a good channel? Seems like whenever there is a good channel, the decision is always made to get rid of it. We watch AMC movies and shows  all of the time. Please keep it as part of the regular package.

0 Likes
Kravinmore
Really verizon. You can't be as foolish as dish network and cut our service to the fastest growing network in viewers with some of the best shows ever made. Amc is unsporting enough to me to switch service to a company that offers it as I once did when bbca wasn't offered by Comcast ( I switched to verizon) so yes for one channel I am out there and fast!!
0 Likes
Maddy3241

Does VZ understand that AMC show the BEST shows on TV!!! You can't remove it but if you do I'm gone!!!

0 Likes
555py

Verizon sucks big time, I can't stand them, if they do drop AMC, I will drop them the very same day, kiss me Verizon!!!!! say good bye to a very good FIOS customer.

0 Likes
FreeRyan

I may reluctantly go crawling back to Comcast if Verizon drops AMC.  Sucks.  Please don't drop it.  Breaking Bad is the best show on TV, period.  

0 Likes
Elaphae
Enthusiast - Level 1

The AMC site is very uninformative and I wonder why. I have been unable to find any information on this from a verifiable source at Verizon. What IS Verizon's side? If this is AMC propaganda then why does Verizon remain silent?

I had to give up a couple of channels I liked to move to Verizon from a competitor. I do not want to have my contract changed and lose AMC which I watch several times a week. If would seem that having a more popular channel would, in the long run benefit both AMC and Verizon. I do not want to have to move back to the competitor just so I can get back what I lost and am now threatened to lose with Verizon but there is a limit.

Re: KEEP AMC
msvpenn1

I am very upset to hear that AMC may be dropped. Verizon is already extremely expensive and to remove any channel would be ridiculous. I will switch back to Comcast if this happens! Keep AMC no matter what the cost. you definitely make enough from subscribers to pay whatever they are asking!

0 Likes
droidsailor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dont work for verizon.  I'm just a consumer who keeps an open mind and saw this play out two months ago on DISH. Now I'm seeing the same show but with verizon subscibers...

Have you noticed that the average price of cable TV has tripled in the past ten years?   

If the average cable bill was $50 in 2000, in 2010 it should have been $ 64  instead of the average $150 

Something has happened and I'm wondering  where we should draw the line and say no more. That was the main reason I switched from cable a few months ago (Comcast bill was out of control for subpar service).

Now this **bleep** with AMC.  

I can't say where the programming costs increases have gone ( service providers, content providers etc) I just know that the cost is rising and getting out of control and we're paying for it.

How about the CEO of AMC take a paycut?  Why should we have to pay him the  second highest salary  for a CEO of a media company? Because his main TV station has 3 hit shows and recirculates old movies all the other times?

Same goes for Verizon, they can take a cut in their profits as well. They shouldn't be playing silly games with their customers.   I'm going after AMC because they started this publicity war to increase their leverage in the contract negotiations that are ongoing with Verizon.  Wasn't verizon a service they recommended 3 months ago as an alternative to DISH? What happened?

sheila0405
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good ideas at the end of your post.  As to the whole "consent" issue, I am not one who believes that Verizon "owes" us AMC.  I do, however, believe that when customers overwhelmingly petition Verizon not to drop the channel, it's good business practice to listen to the consumers.

brianv1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree --- Verizon, dont drop AMC!