Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
riclan

If this is true and Verizon is planning on dropping AMC then count on me dropping my Verizon service. 

0 Likes
Re: Canceling AMC?
prisaz
Legend

@Sarep07 wrote:
My wife and I finally found a TV Series we both enjoy and Verizon wants to drop AMC because of money! I spend a lot of money per month to Verizon however, my money spends anywhere! I do enjoy your service however, what good is it to my family if our favorite channel can't be viewed because Verizon dropped it because you don't want to pay? If this happens, I will get another service provider that does have AMC in its line up of available channels!

Where did you hear this. Source?

Dish dropped them. Now Verizon. That is one of the HD channels they just added in the past year, if I remember correctly.

THIS STINKS! ADD THEM TAKE THEM AWAY!Smiley Mad

http://www.examiner.com/article/verizon-to-drop-amc-take-action

Looks like since the Cablevision spin off. AMC Networks Inc. has pushed to increase their margins. Verizon may have no choice. Cablevision's feed quality dropped and the cost to have them has gone up. I too have my DVR set to record some of their content.Smiley Mad

http://www.4-traders.com/AMC-NETWORKS-INC-8199525/

Perhaps when everyone drops them, the content will move elsewhere! We could hope. Directv is negotiating with them also. So I don't believe anyone is happy with AMC Networks Inc. Perhaps everyone but Cablevision will drop them, and we can see where the stock goes. They can spin that one off!

0 Likes
Jonnieangel

DON'T DROP AMC....!!!!!!

0 Likes
Surgerydoc

The channel line up for Fios is not that great as it is. If AMC goes, so do I. It seem that TV providers have started charging more but are offering less.

0 Likes
DownshiftArtist
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about people stop attacking Verizon and attack the real culprit here.  AMC is clearly trying to over charge companies(who are also their competitors since they are a subsidiary of CableVision owners of Xfinity/Comcast) for their channel.  Look at the craziness that went on with Dish.  You wanna make calls or email people, start with AMC.

edcz

4 of tvs best shows are on AMC im going to hate dropping fios

0 Likes
jdj1971

If they cancel AMC I will be switching to Direct tv... And canceling my internet and phone since its a bundle. We have 3 DVRs and give them a ton of money each month. I don't care if we have to break a contract and they send us to collections for not paying the fee to break our contract. 

0 Likes
Re: Canceling AMC?
Bhunted1
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Bhunted1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now Heather was nice enough to post this blurb. Ignore the reply to her post by some screamer.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/A-Message-to-our-AMC-Fans/td-p/505345

This is what I like to hear. There is nothing worse than providers and networks using customers as their negotiating tools. 

Hats off if Verizon accomplishes this. Thanks Heather...

0 Likes
Mezarek

I can't believe you are thinking about dropping AMC!  It has three of the top programs -  Mad Men, the Walking Dead and Homeland!  I have watched AMC for over 20 years!  I swore I would never leave Verizon - I hate Comcast -, but I have family members who love Direct TV.  Please don't put me on this situation!

0 Likes