Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
KatrinaM1

AMC has the best of the best.  Without all of the "classics" where do we come from from?  It's like saying theater is OK without Shakespeare.  We would not be where or who  we are without all those greats who came before.  Do not drop AMC or you will be no better than Romney wanting to drop public TV.  Watch out Cary Grant Here comes Mitt!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Dropping AMC???? REALLY!!!
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Here's what most people don't get.....Everyone here is just reacting to hearing 1 side of the story..I for one LOVE The walking dead and would hate to see it go but you have to realize something here. Verizon does have to make a profit and with the margins I can only fathom to guess is the exact same raise that Dish had with them. If multiple providers are having issues negotiating with them it really can't be verizon's fault.

If anything anger should be directed to AMC for wanting to raise their rates so much that multiple providers are challenging their high costs.

Techman28
Master - Level 1

Here's what most people don't get.....Everyone here is just reacting to hearing 1 side of the story..I for one LOVE The walking dead and would hate to see it go but you have to realize something here. Verizon does have to make a profit and with the margins I can only fathom to guess is the exact same raise that Dish had with them. If multiple providers are having issues negotiating with them it really can't be verizon's fault.

If anything anger should be directed to AMC for wanting to raise their rates so much that multiple providers are challenging their high costs

Re: Canceling AMC?
prisaz
Legend

@Bhunted1 wrote:

You guys don't read much here do yaz?

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Verizon-dropping-AMC/td-p/504613

Yea I read plenty. Just logged on and responded to the first one seen.

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I watch The Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad as well so if they drop it so be it.  AMC has the worst compressed picture quality around so I will find other means to view my shows.  Verizon should take a hard stand and not accept this nonsense from AMC networks.

0 Likes
Covert1

DO NOT DROP AMC!!! I WILL SWITCH CARRIERS

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Techman28 wrote:

If anything anger should be directed to AMC for wanting to raise their rates so much that multiple providers are challenging their high costs.

Dish dropped them. Now Verizon. That is one of the HD channels was just added in the past year, if I remember correctly.

THIS STINKS! ADD THEM TAKE THEM AWAY!:smileymad:

http://www.examiner.com/article/verizon-to-drop-amc-take-action

Looks like since the Cablevision spin off. AMC Networks Inc. has pushed to increase their margins. Verizon may have no choice. Cablevision's feed quality dropped and the cost to carry them has gone up. I too have my DVR set to record some of their content.:smileymad:

http://www.4-traders.com/AMC-NETWORKS-INC-8199525/

Perhaps when everyone drops them, the content will move elsewhere! We could hope. Directv is negotiating with them also. So I don't believe anyone is happy with AMC Networks Inc. Maybe Directv can negotiate to be the sole source. I think it is greed on AMCs part! Why else would everyone be fighting with them? Look st their stock now. I bet it drops back down when everyone drops them. What a shame..

Heero69

Please dont drop AMC its one of my favorite channels. if you do I will probably drop verizon so that i can see my shows

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
Gord3

AMC has the best shows on TV right now.  If you drop AMC along with the other channels, I will drop Verizon for cable TV and internet. 

0 Likes