Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
Cantab1

YOU READ IT RIGHT!!!

THIS IS NOT THE ONLY CHANNEL THAT MAY BE REMOVED.

I WANT TO KNOW IF THESE TWO CHANNELS, AND PROBABLY MORE IS GOING TO COST 'LESS' THAT WHAT I AM PAYING NOW.  I AM NOT PLEASED WITH VERIZON AT ALL, AND MAYBE IT IS OUT OF THEIR CONTROL, 'BUT' REMOVING CHANNELS, LOOKS LIKE TO ME THEY OWE US MONEY.  AND WATCH THEM ADD CHANNELS THAT ARE USELESS LIKE ANOTHER REALITY SHOW.  VERY FRUSTRATING.

I BELIEVE THAT LIFETIME IS LEAVING ALSO.

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

I am a Verizon FiOS subscriber in Upstate NY who pays nearly $200 per month for the triple play package.

Verizon has announced they will drop the HD MAVTV channel & three SD channels I do not watch at the end of 2012.

Now I see AMC HD, which is one of the few channels I enjoy watching, may be dropped too.

I suppose if push comes to shove, I can always take my $200 per month and go back to Time Warner Cable.

0 Likes
HockeyFan1

Enough of this childish crap of constant messages during the tv shows.

At this point I dont care if AMC is dropped. AMC needs to stop acting childish and just accept or not accept the contract.

I'd rather discontinue watching their shows until it gets on netflix than deal with their winning crap during the show.

0 Likes
gman2112

will have to go back to comcast if verizon drops amc and will if this happens

this is one of the channels that I enjoy the most why not drop some of the other channels that are of no interest like the half dozen home shopping channels get real !!!!

0 Likes
Vasco77777

Same here....If Verizon drops AMC I'll be calling up the Cablevision guy who keeps knocking on my door pleading for us to come back.  ATTENTION VERIZON....PAY ATTENTION!

0 Likes
windsong1

The programming on WETV is some of the best you have on TV, and you are dropping it, then you will loose quite a few customers.  We pay entirely to much for this type of foolishness. 

0 Likes
USAF_AHAB

BTW for all those of "keep AMC or I leave your service" realize that it's because AMC is asking for a huge increase (yes cable companies pay channels to be on their service) so if AMC is kept, expect and do not whine when your bill goes up to pay for it.

0 Likes
Meelowe

Add a buck per month to my bill, and keep the channel. Done.

0 Likes
Let AMC go, as DISH did
haplo888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let AMC go, as DISH did.

Look, it's great when AMC plays some older classic movies.  But, WE, IFC, Sundance, breaking bad, the undead thing, mad men, are all HORRIBLE.

And it's completely unethically how AMC lied to viewers about them getting dropped in order to generate public outrage hoping to negotiate more money for themselves.

As subscribers we pay for all these contracts with our monthly payments.  AMC pulling this crap means we either pay more or have less choice.

Drop the AMC channels and give us some other channel that actually plays movies most of the time.

Or use the funds to negotiate something with Netflix.  Anything is better than AMC

DON'T GET RID OF AMC & WE TV
donnapenn

Please don't get rid of AMC & WE TV, my parents watch AMC all the time and love all the old movies.  We also watch and love both channels.   Get rid of some of the music channels

0 Likes