Re: Verizon dropping WUSA9 on Dec 31
Soze
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess that I’m in the minority here. If Tegna is asking Verizon for a “ very substantial” increase for these CBS stations, I’m on Verizon’s side. They will forced to increase our rates, which are already too high. I’m tired of everything always going up in price. I do agree that Verizon owes its customers a refund, freebies or something. In any case, I fired up my OTA antenna, I just can’t DVR NCIS now. I think cord-cutters are on to something!

0 Likes
Aquarius1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In agreement 100%. These are the same people that will be complaining when their bill goes up. It isn't rocket science - if Verizon has to pay more, then you have to pay more. Isn't you bill high enough as it is?

0 Likes
md99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lol. Why should I take any position except that I require CBS to be part of my package. It isn't. Verizon get your act together or I will leave. 

0 Likes
Patty_Webb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not totally sure but TEGNA is the company that owns  the local CBS in the DC area, Norfolk, VA and Buffalo, NY. All other markets for CBS that might be under Verizon are not part of this blackout. I am beyond angry with Verizon and TEGNA. We give Verizon good money for programming. I do not want to change providers. I also can't afford another service like CBS All Access plus watching TV on the computer is not good and would take up our time from other computer persuits.

Verizon and Tegna
cc4music
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am wondering why I should continue to have Verizon. My rates go up every two years and you all continue to remove channels or move them into a higher tier to make your customers pay more if they want to access that channel. 

I see see that mess you all are running about your contract with Tegna. It is **bleep**. Why should we pay 5.99 month for CBS all access?  Verizon should be paying it because that’s why we are paying you. I know exactly what companies/broadcasters make because my company represents them. If you have companies like Tegna and other networks pull out, then Verizon won’t be in the cable business. 

When you call Verizon with technical issues, they want the customer to do all the work. I am not paying Verizon so that I troubleshoot my own issues. The wait time is always 20 minutes or longer. 

Get et it together Verizon. You will lose me as a customer in six months when my two years is up. I have to “fight” you every time because you want to raise my rate substantially. Not this time. Treat your customers fairly as you want to reach a fair agreement with Tegna and Disney. I stand with Tegna and Disney. 

md99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like Verizon isn't playing nice.  From the wusa9 website. 

Why is Verizon refusing to reach an agreement to carry WUSA9?
A: We cannot speak for Verizon. But here is what our audience should know: WUSA9 is committed to reaching a fair, market-based agreement with all the video service providers in our area. Our track record proves it. Over the past few years, we reached hundreds of multi-year deals with cable and satellite companies all across the country, including DIRECTV, Comcast, Spectrum and many others. In fact, we have had only ONE disruption in our recent history due to a contract dispute and that was resolved within a matter of hours. So, it has been disappointing that Verizon has refused to reach an agreement.

0 Likes
Aquarius1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is nothing in the statement that WUSA posted that contradicts the facts in this case which is they are looking for a substantial increase.  Noyhing but a pkay on words. Comcast service is subpar at best to Fios. DirecTv is great except for lost signal during inclement weather.  It is easy to say I am leaving - but leaving for what? Still loses in the end with having to settle for mediocre service. Verizon hang in there, most of your customers don't go against their best interest. We are with you in trying to keep prices  at an affordable level.

0 Likes
Tegna Corporation stations - the Corporate fight
Moose62

Is there any serious negotiation to restore the Tegna stations to the Verizon lineup? Or is the nearly $200/month paid to Verizon for programming and FiOS for naught?

Who loses in a corporate fight? The customer.

0 Likes
md99
Enthusiast - Level 3

The facts are obvious. Tegna has no problems with other providers.   Verizon is. Verizon dropped the weather channel  and almost dropped Disney and ESPN. Isn't it obvious?

0 Likes
buster4336
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am dissapointed that Verizon is dropping WUSA9, the local CBS affilliate.  I do not like their suggested alternatives.  Can Verizon televise the Baltimore CBS affilliate?  I note that Verizon is televising a new Jimmy Swaggert channel on channel 33 that I sure as hell didn't ask for.

0 Likes