Suggestions about replacement for WUSA/CBS channel 9 now off air in DC eff 12/31/18?
becreative
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are there any alternatives to replace WUSA/CBS channel 9?  When my family first signed up with Verizon Fios years ago, the channel lineup also included the Baltimore local channels. How about Verizon bringing back CBS channel 13 wjz-tv in Baltimore? They are owned by CBS (not Tegna).  Just a thought.

Re: Suggestions about replacement for WUSA/CBS channel 9 now off air in DC eff 12/31/18?
tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just checked and it appears to back on the air now.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping WUSA9 on Dec 31
tward392
Enthusiast - Level 3

No need now as it appears to be back online now.

0 Likes
Re: Losing WUSA 9 CBS channel
AntennaRGood

Verizon is becoming like USPS.  "We don't care.  Take it or leave it."

It's time to buy an antenna "for the next time."  Amazon has them, about the size of a sheet of paper.  If you can actually install an outdoor antenna, you will see channels that Verizon doesn't carry.

0 Likes
Re: Suggestions about replacement for WUSA/CBS channel 9 now off air in DC eff 12/31/18?
Abunoor2005

Any ideas about Virginia,  Chantilly to be more precise! We lost the channel and I do not see it back!!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping WUSA9 on Dec 31
Tvlwriter

I am so disappointed that Verizon can't make this deal happen. But I am even more outraged that they seem to have no concern for their customers. I've called and chatted on the website and no one knows anything. I was offered a $5.99 refund to cover the cost of the CBS app, but I don't want to have to watch shows on my iPad. I pay to have CBS available. Why is Verizon still silent about this? It's been three days! I've been with them for 10 years, but will leave when my contract is up - next January unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Loss of CBS Network Programming
PMAC4
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I get an email from Verizon informing me that they are having a contract dispute with the CBS providor for the local area, and as of the New Year, I have NO CBS Network Programming.

I feel this to be an unacceptable issue.

I am paying Verizon for the programming, and nothing is being done to replace it.

They should be able to provide directly from the network, as the other CBS family networks hasn't been interupted.

If the local station owner wants to cut off his own nose, oh well, as long as other local stations are available, but to take the whole of the network programming go, I am Most defineately NOT happy with.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try CBS All Access for $6 a month. Hopefully the negotiations don’t last too long. Or you could get a cheap window antenna so there is no monthly cost. 

PMAC4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't seen it since the ball dropped Monday night.

0 Likes
PMAC4
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, just checked the Verizon Watch TV live online, CBS says local provider is not supported.

0 Likes