Re: Loss of CBS Network Programming
SName
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Verizon on Wednesday letting them know I wasn't happy with the loss of local WUSA on Monday, December 30, 2018 at 5PM. Basically they would care less.

Verizon person kept saying "You have 400 other channels to watch". I kept replying, "And none of them are CBS".

Verizon refused to offer a refund or discount for the loss of WUSA as, according to them, "We can make channel changes anytime we want".

In my opinion Verizon breached the contract by not providing what was agreed when I agreed to the contract.

Verizon has lost me as a customer. When my current is up I will go elsewhere.

Programming changes??? CBS...ABC Family...
gbpangel

What is with the loss of CBS and ABC family Channels?   While I can still see the CBS channel, there is no content on the channel guide so my DVR will not record any shows.   I absolutly hate when the programming changes.   I selected this company based on what it provided and the it arbitraily changes the content.   So frustrated!

0 Likes
Re: Programming changes??? CBS...ABC Family...
md99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like the Guide doesn't update very often.  Possibly every couple of days.  I powered off/on my media server and the guide updated.  Did not see any other options to force the guide to update.

0 Likes
Channel Guide for WUSA
dms11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am glad WUSA is back on our TV, but as of this morning, the channel guide was still showing WUSA as being unavailable.  Please restore the Channel Guide for WUSA ASAP if it has not already been done.  Nothing can be DVR'd on that channel without the program guide.  

0 Likes
Re: Channel Guide for WUSA
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

JUST FORCE YOUR GUIDE TO UPDATE.  Several ways.  Easiest is probably pull the plug, what a minute, and plug it in again.  Should update the guide.  There is also a option in some menus that should work (menu, customer support, top support tools, fix Fios TV Issues)

WUSA9 Restored, 1/3/2019
4Finches
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know it's only a small amount but I am seeking credit for the channels I agreed to receive in my cable contract lineupwith Verizon.  If everyone attemtps to do this, perhaps the big boys will think twice before pulling the pulg on another channel.  These pennies will add up.

Re: WUSA9 Restored, 1/3/2019
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon (like most other cable providers) have terms in their contracts that they can add and delete content at any time.

Removal of content does not entitle you to a refund.

Re: Verizon dropping WUSA9 on Dec 31
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to join the current discussion HERE.

0 Likes