Verizon's Misleading Info on Watching the Olympics on NBC
thisismysn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I'm not sure where to post this, but after spending 3 hours with various Verizon agents over the phone, I have been informed that, despite having a tv plan that has nbc cnbc usa and nbc sn, i do not have access to the nbc olympic comprehensive coverage because i have a Select plan instead of Extreme.  If this had been explained in any official public information provided online, it wouldn't be quite so infuriating.  But it took customer service 3 hours to find this out.  Very disappointed.  Really seems like Verizon was misleading here.

Re: Verizon's Misleading Info on Watching the Olympics on NBC
thisismyname1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, same here. This is infuriating.

WhataMack
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I recorded what the Olympic program listings had as two three-hour back-to-back Olympic segments that were listed as figure skating and men's downhill (my favorite event of all).

Here's what they actually showed over those six hours (no exaggeration):

Figure skating, hockey highlights, figure skating, snowboarding, figure skating, speed skating highlights, snowboarding, figure skating, hockey highlights, figure skating, speed skating highlights, snowboarding, and figure skating.

And what's supposed to be on right now is listed as figure skating and men's luge finals (one of my other favorites). What they're actually showing is cross-country skiing.

I am not happy in the least.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the NBC Olympics schedule.

Its possible that they had planned to show the content listed.

But they may have changed.

Other than the live content (which is primteime or early in am) the rest is recorded.

I can see them changing what they choose to show based on results.

Plus men's downhill was postponed because of bad weather.

0 Likes
TerabitSeven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup same here.  According to NBC you simply need a package that conains USA.  But FIOS took it upon themselvs to block streaming of the Olympics unless you have the Olympic channel, which is only available in the high-end packages.  It is disgusting.

houdini1965
Enthusiast - Level 2

My advice is to um.. find a friend .... or you can go to Youtube and signup for a trial of youtube tv. NBC comes with it and you're good to go. 

Verizon has really been screwing its FiOS customers in every possible way imaginable, just to help support their wireless business.  I knew things were really starting downhill when they removed the search for free shows in the PPV settings.  Now they want money for episodes of a currently running season!  No big mystery why people who watch a lot of TV switch to Comcast.  

Can't wait until my package is done with, then I'll be internet only!

0 Likes
thisismysn
Enthusiast - Level 1

To add insult to injury, NBC just clarified the issue further for me in an email.  NBC says:

"I do apologize for the inconveniences. NBC only requires you have USA. If your cable provider is saying that they have other requirements that is something you will need to contact your cable provider for."

There you have it!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would try contacting support via twitter with the info you were given from NBC.

They are at @verizonsupport

0 Likes
Nothappy61

Do people realize that the only way to get the Olympic channel is to subscribe to the most expensive package?  Any other package does not have it even the Sports Pass package!!!  This is it for me I'm out after over 10 years with them!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes