Re: Verizon taking channels out of the Extreme HD plan?
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

What I don't like about this is what if I don't want the premiums (epix, showtime, etc) why not offier an hd package without the premium channels - all hd's just no premiums and what;s up with removing hallmark hd, mgm hd - they are free channels not premiums, Seems to me their definition of an HD package is to offer all hd's in that package and just a teaser for HD in the extreme. I am upgrading just my pbhone from fios phone to fios digital voice - I do not want to change my tv plan since I just renewed my contract in November. And outiside of certain things I am not a sports fanatic.  Hey Verizon why not offer 2 ultimate packages (1 with premium channels and 1 without) but leave all other hd channels intact .  the best is I was told by a rep today that bundles change every 3 to 6 months so what next? Makes you kinda wonder - JMHO

prisaz
Legend

@ggma1126 wrote:

What I don't like about this is what if I don't want the premiums (epix, showtime, etc) why not offier an hd package without the premium channels - all hd's just no premiums and what;s up with removing hallmark hd, mgm hd - they are free channels not premiums, Seems to me their definition of an HD package is to offer all hd's in that package and just a teaser for HD in the extreme. I am upgrading just my pbhone from fios phone to fios digital voice - I do not want to change my tv plan since I just renewed my contract in November. And outiside of certain things I am not a sports fanatic.  Hey Verizon why not offer 2 ultimate packages (1 with premium channels and 1 without) but leave all other hd channels intact .  the best is I was told by a rep today that bundles change every 3 to 6 months so what next? Makes you kinda wonder - JMHO

I agree! But if the bundles change, that does not mean the TV package changes. They have been the same TV packages for a little over year and three months. But they have been adding channels at their cost since they went from Premier to Extreme. I guess now the want us to pay extra for them under the Ultimate plan. I do not mind paying a little extra, but pay a lot extra with the movie channels I canceled last year, just isn't right. I am with you 100%! Why not a plan with all the HD and no Premium channels? Ultimate and Ultimate Movie packages. Or just bundle the blasted things separate like they should be. So YES I AGREE.

In the beginning there was a big push saying Ala carte. But they found out that people wanted everything so the bundle was born and Ala carte died. Now the bundle is growing out of control.

It is keeping me from committing to an upgrade. My price guarantee expires in November and I will have to fine a big need for 25/25 or better.

0 Likes
Johnny-5-lives
Enthusiast - Level 2

From the way I understand it from talking to a rep that was just in a regional managers meeting, Verizon FIOS is trying to model themselves after Verizon Wireless, so basically every 3 to 6 months they will "adjust" their packages and if you are under an old less "profitable" package they will try to entice you to switch to one of the newer bundles, just like VZ Wireless does.  However I posed the question to them point blank, well under my phone if I don't do anything I stay under the same plan and price does this carry over to FIOS as well, if I don't change anything after 2 years will my plan stayed the same.  And I was told by the rep yes, nothing will change unless I decide to change packages.

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

@Johnny-5-lives wrote:

From the way I understand it from talking to a rep that was just in a regional managers meeting, Verizon FIOS is trying to model themselves after Verizon Wireless, so basically every 3 to 6 months they will "adjust" their packages and if you are under an old less "profitable" package they will try to entice you to switch to one of the newer bundles, just like VZ Wireless does.  However I posed the question to them point blank, well under my phone if I don't do anything I stay under the same plan and price does this carry over to FIOS as well, if I don't change anything after 2 years will my plan stayed the same.  And I was told by the rep yes, nothing will change unless I decide to change packages.

that logic doesn't work for me - since we are talking about 2 different kind of services - what they did was create a plan where in order to get all of the HD channels you had to also take the Premium channels - (which I had just canceled ) I don't feel like I should be forced to take a premium channel package just to get all the non premium HD channels.   With wireless while the plan may change there is only so much they can change -  for ex: they don't say in order to get the data plan you have to take VCast for example  - they don't force you to take something you don't need or want in order to get something else.  this is my gripe

0 Likes
thetick

Well then you have no gripe.

Verizon Wireless is NOW (since mid Jan contacts and beyond) adding the $10/month data charge for all 3G phones!  I will not renew my wireless contract since I will be charged this service even though I HAVE DATA BLOCK with my LG VX 8360!  I will probably be switching to Page Plus (uses VZW network) when my Verizon contract is up.    

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

@thetick wrote:

Well then you have no gripe.

Verizon Wireless is NOW (since mid Jan contacts and beyond) adding the $10/month data charge for all 3G phones!  I will not renew my wireless contract since I will be charged this service even though I HAVE DATA BLOCK with my LG VX 8360!  I will probably be switching to Page Plus (uses VZW network) when my Verizon contract is up.    

I don't have verizon wireless left them last year - now have an iphone - but almost all the carriers are now requiring a data plan with smartphones.,  My gripe is with the fios tv bundles - as mentioned previously I am being forced to take premium channels in order to get all the non premium channels  what they should have done was make to ultimate  packs (one with all premiums and 1 with jusgt all HD's no premiums) JMHO

0 Likes