Switch Account

Verizon taking channels out of the Extreme HD plan?

Verizon taking channels out of the Extreme HD plan?

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 21 of 36
(6,071 Views)

Forum moderators {edit} cannot address any questions on their products or services.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 22 of 36
(6,049 Views)

@ElizabethS wrote:

Forum moderators {edited} cannot address any questions on their products or services.

{edited due to quoted post being edited}

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 23 of 36
(6,046 Views)

Moderators are able to help with urls, links or sometimes other tips, but we do not have direct access to Verizon's products or services. This has always been the case.

The administrators are employed by Verizon.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 24 of 36
(6,025 Views)

I doubt that any mods/admins would have the answers anyway.  Usually, business negotiations/practices are not communicated to employees.  Just as  we don't know the details of the Fox/Time Warner settlement (even after the fact), we're not going to know what is happening with Verizon/Fox.  But, considering that DIRECT TV is  NOT going to launch FSC on the date originally announced, it's probably safe to assume that Fox is the culprit, as they were with TWC. 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 25 of 36
(5,976 Views)

THE more I research this, the less I like it. As I said before, Verizon customer service - via e-mail - tells me the only way I could keep my current package - the original Extreme HD - is to purchase the triple bundle components a la carte. Of course, no one would do this because the cost is ridiculous. So I was looking at the latest bundle offers on-line and got hooked up with a live-chat person. Now this guy tells me that when my package runs out next month I am only eligible for the Ultimate HD bundle. He says that I have no choice - the system says I must take that bundle. I am liking Verizon less and less. How is it possible that I can't choose what I want? It's bad enough that they want you to pay more for less product with their new Extreme HD.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 26 of 36
(5,958 Views)

Yes, the new bundle structure seems to be less advantageous to the customer. Not a good sign.

Highlighted
Contributor skistowe
Contributor
Message 27 of 36
(5,797 Views)

Here is a link to see what the differences are, the old plans are available to compare at the bottom....

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 28 of 36
(5,791 Views)

@skistowe wrote:

Here is a link to see what the differences are, the old plans are available to compare at the bottom....

What link?

Highlighted
Contributor skistowe
Contributor
Message 29 of 36
(5,708 Views)

sorry about that

To see the difference try this....

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineUp/ChannelLineUp.htm?Channels=Essentials
Put in your zip
city or region and click compare plan....

then the current plans pop up select a new one and also expand the

expandable link

and click on the link See other fios tv plans...find your old plan and see the actual difference....

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 30 of 36
(5,700 Views)

You really do not need to cross post the same information in more than one thread. See my reponse to this in your other posting.

Thanks.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Beware-of-making-account-changes-if-you-have-Verizo...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.