Verizon won't take my $50 for NFL RedZone
ACABThomas1
Enthusiast - Level 3

After being tempted with free RedZone for a week and bombarded with ads for RedZone from Verizon, I finally decided to subscribe.  I tried to subscribe via the STB, but got an error saying that I needed to subscribe online or over the phone.  I subscribed online on Saturday, but still no RedZone come Sunday.

I tried contacting Verizon to find out why I was not getting RedZone, but just like the Comcast commercial, there was no one available to help me.  So here I had subscribed for NFL RedZone, was unable to watch it on Sunday, and was unable to get anyone to even talk to about it fixing it - just a terrible customer experience.

So I sent off an e-mail, and today I got a call back from a Verizon rep (bonus points for the callback).  She tried to sign me up for RedZone, had trouble, and then informed me that I was not allowed to sign up because I only have the Prime HD package, not the Extreme or Ultimate.

What?!  I'm trying to pay you an extra $50 and you won't allow me to because I'm not paying you enough already for my base TV package??

She offered to "upgrade" me to the Extreme package, which would cost $60 more per month, but would give me the "privilege" of being able to pay an additional $50 for RedZone.  Oh, and I would also be locked into a 2 year agreement with a $300+ early termination fee.  Uhhhh, no thanks.

So by trying to force me into a more expensive TV package, they got a very frustrated customer AND they don't get my $50 per year.  How does that make ANY business sense, Verizon??

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't take my $50 for NFL RedZone
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

I believe that in order to subscribe to NFL RedZone, you must already have access to NFL Network, per NFL Network/RedZone carriage requirements. So blame the NFL, not Verizon.

0 Likes