WA: Missing Channels
p1noyw0rx
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am missing 1756(GMA Filipino) and MavTV HD. I have these packages and should be getting them. Anyone else have this problem? Verizon has already tried to reset and test the ONT, and STB. I am not sure what else I am missing, havent really had time to search though all the channels, there's just so many of them which is a good thing.
0 Likes
Re: WA: Missing Channels
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Are you missing those channels on all of your boxes or just one?
p1noyw0rx
Enthusiast - Level 2
all of them. 
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you are missing the channels on all boxes then the content is probably not activated and you will need to speak to someone from Encore to write an order to add the content.
0 Likes
p1noyw0rx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would I need to call Encore, if It's Verizon that is providing me the service. Encore is just responsible for the package.  This is Verizon's responsibility that all the package they adverstise and service is available.  It's like going to a toy store advertising Matel toys, but not seeing it in thier stores.  I wouldn't call Matel and ask them what the reason was.  

I am not mad at them, I guess I don't understand that they don't have a site somewhere here In Washington to monitor what channels are having issues.  It would be easy to spot that if they are not getting at the channel at their monitor site, the customer would not be getting it to.  And if they see it at their monitor, that would mean the problem is in between the lines to the STB of the customer.    I say this because everyone I talk to when I call has different information.  One says I need to pay for it to get it, one says I am supposed to get it, one says lets do this reset, test ect.  I have to repeat myself all the time, it's like they don't read past notes.  If they had this central monitor site, they would already know that the channel is unavailable.  So these poor techs are working blind.   

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I think Telcoguru is referring to Verizon Encore, the website (one of Verizon's far too many websites IMHO).

Justin

Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 09-18-2008 10:31 PM
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Yes Justin is correct. Encore is the Verizon department responsible for writing the Fios orders.
p1noyw0rx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well no matter if I call their 800 number or the regular 800 number it will still take me to the Encore(Fios) side of thier department based on my account.  I have tried this.  

Anyways an update states that the GMA channel will not be carried any longer for some reason, which really sucks because it is one of the main reasons I switched.  The other channel is due to a mixup in the realignment of channels by Verizon and yet still has to be fixed.  So I am still stuck... guess I will have to wait it out.

0 Likes