WANT ONLY THE CHANNELS I AM SUBSCRIBED TO BE SHOWN WHILE SCROLLING
frustratedWITHV

WE SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON VERIZON,  WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SCROLL THRU THE MENU AND CLICK ON A PROGRAM AND BE ABLE TO SEE IT, WITHOUT THE 'U ARE NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THIS CHANNEL'. POPPING UP.

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION TO SEE ONLY THE PROGRAMS WE CAN ACTUALLY WATCH.

THE WAY IT IS NOW IS VERY FRUSTRATING, ESP. TO THE CASUAL TV WATCHER. GOING THRU AND MARKING FAVS IS CRAZY WASTE OF TIME.  IT IS A WAY FOR VERIZON TO ADVERTISE ALL THEY HAVE TO OFFER, AND WE BELIEVE THEY OWE US A WAY TO SCROLL THRU ONLY WHAT WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE.

0 Likes
Re: WANT ONLY THE CHANNELS I AM SUBSCRIBED TO BE SHOWN WHILE SCROLLING
Justin46
Legend

Easy to do, just start using the Favorites capabiliity. here is a link to a thread on settting up Favorites: Link

I realize you think using Favorites is a waste of your time to set up, but it is the only way to get what you want, you can sit and complain or you can take a few minutes and be happy, your choice.

Note: Your PC seems to be broken, the caps lock key is stuck, you really need to get it fixed Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

pvcleave

I have to say I agree that we should have an only subscribed to choice. Using the favorites stinks. I want to use favorites for my favorites, not what I am subscribed to. I also hate that the favorites often disappear. You cannot wrap around on favorites either. So take it from someone who does try to use favorites, I am not happy. In addition, I do not think his cap key is stuck, I think it is used for emphasis. ;^)

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@pvcleave wrote:

I have to say I agree that we should have an only subscribed to choice. Using the favorites stinks. I want to use favorites for my favorites, not what I am subscribed to. I also hate that the favorites often disappear. You cannot wrap around on favorites either. So take it from someone who does try to use favorites, I am not happy. In addition, I do not think his cap key is stuck, I think it is used for emphasis. ;^)

I agree with you about only having subscribed channels without using a Favorites. But, and it is a big BUT, at least for now it is the only way to get what you want. Use Favorites or don't, your choice, but that is the only way to see only subscribed channels.

In the original Guide that Verizon used 4 years ago, you could delete un-subscribed channels from the Guide itself. But there was no such thing as Favorites, so it was even worse than it is today. When Verizon decided to develop their own IMG they chose to drop that function and include the Favorites option. Good or bad, that is the way it is.

Favorites often disappear? Then you have a serious problem, probably hardware, and you should report it to Verizon. It has probably been 1 - 2 years since I last had to re-setup my Favorites. As far as I know, the only time you should lose yours is when Verizon does a full reset on your STB, which should only happen when you ask them to do it.

No wrap-around? True, and it would be nice, but really, so what? If you are at the top and want to go to the bottom, just enter 0 (or 0000 for the fastest action) and it will take you to the lowest channel in your Favorites. And enter 9 (or 9999) to get to the top.

Caps Lock?  I put a smiley at the end, not really a big deal, but offensive to some. I personally don't like all caps, but that is just me, caps should be used for emphasis on the important part, not the entire title and text IMO.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes